Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Fincher - Ei8ht (Eight)..!

• 01-04-2005 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it's been a while since we heard from David Fincher. The brillant director responsible for Fight Club, The Game and uhhh... Alien 3 (which i have to admit i did enjoy.. definantly more than the turd that was Alien:Resurrection).

Anyways, after directing Panic Room in 2002, he just disappeared from the limelight. He was rumoured to be signing on to direct Mission:Impossible 3 last year but seemingly he either declined the project or it was all just a rumour.

But what we didn't know was that he was working on a top-secret project... a sequel to one of his most acclaimed films, Se7en. He has only recently started filming under complete secrecy in LA.

And for those who don't believe me, read some more information about it here: http://www.joblo.com/upcomingmovies/movies.php?id=524

A rough plot outline has been released for it: Three years after the events in SE7EN, detective Mills (Pitt) is in a mental ward and discovers an eight ‘sin’ while reading through John Doe’s rambling notes. Mills contacts detective Somerset (Freeeman) and asks him to investigate the matter, opening up a whole new underbelly of murders that had yet to be uncovered. Mills is released from the ward to work with Somerset on the case, but it isn’t long before Mills himself is suspected of either collaborating or being the source of the bizarre killings himself.

Especially myself, as i as a huge fan of Fincher's work and especially Se7en.

With a US release date penned for December 24th 2005... i think it's one to definantly look forward to!

April Fool's..... boo-ya! C'mon... i had to get one onto the Film Board this year!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ahh, you f*cker.

Great idea (if it's yours!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gordon wrote:
    Ahh, you f*cker.

Great idea (if it's yours!)
    'Fraid not... courtesy of JoBlo.com! :D

Originally story here: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7064

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

haha, excellent. The best april fool I've seen so far. I was just about to post about leaving well enough alone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Heh, you actually had me going. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

they were talking about eight on aicn :P

im still slightly wary over this piece of news: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050401g.php

still be WAY cool if it was true though, the source in that article is rte.ie lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't see anything about it on AICN... it was originally an April Fool's Joke on JoBlo.com if that's what you're referring to!

Your piece of news seems pretty logical, to be honest!

'HP and The Prisoner Of Askaban' was probably my favourite of the 3.. well, definantly better than the 2nd one anyways. And Alfonso Cuaron did a decent job at it in my opinion. He brought a dark feel to it absent from the previous 2 films!

And you have to remember, he did make a couple of films before Harry Potter like 'Y tu mamá también' and 'Great Expectations'..

I wouldn't say having him take on 'Life Of Pi' would be the best decision ever. But hardly grounds for an April Fools Joke... and if so, a very poor one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i knew cos there was no Aliens 3 only 1 and 2 no others were ever ever ever made. They do not exist.....

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

lol

nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Bastard! Had me with that one, especially since its no longer April Fools day. I was tempted not to check teh spoiler too hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Did anyone see the April Fool in the Ticket supplment to the Irish Times on Friday?

Sylvester Stallone and Jude Law in an arthouse work of genius called Sail-Proof Lady. It was fúcking brilliant.

[edit]D'oh just saw thread.[/edit]

• Advertisement
Advertisement