Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

blade runner/The Big Lebowski deleted?

Options
  • 14-03-2005 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

I was in hmv looking for both this movies earlier on today only to be told that they are not being produced any longer. Is the guy having me on? i checked online for any upcoming special editions being released but nada

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They int eh 5 quid section now, meaning unless a spec edition comes out there wont be any new ones produced. And you be doing well to find them.

They out a long time so you should have got them by now :D

Ebay be your best bet for them or 2nd hand here.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

There are no plans to release Bladerunner in the near future. Because it ran over budget the rights of the movie went to some guy(french i think). It is now up to him when any more versions of the movie are released. Think he had something to do with financing the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think I read on the DVD Forum that there is a SE of The Big Lebowski on the way out. Absolute classic film, unfortunately Bladerunner is in limbo land at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Big Lebowski is available as part of the 4-disc Coen Brothers collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I signed up for the iFidelity card deeley at dvdsoon.com.

When you sign up you get 10% off all purchases, which accumulates in some manner, and also there are loyalty points of some sort too. You get free standard shipping too, as they normally charge for that.

But you also get to choose 2 DVDs from a selction of free DVD's. Most of it was thrash, I went with Blade Trinity and then it was a toss up between Battle for Endor or Bladerunner. I went with Bladerunner.

oh yeah... and the catch is it costs 50 Canadian dollars to sign up. Which I think is about €30...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

ObeyGiant wrote:
    Big Lebowski is available as part of the 4-disc Coen Brothers collection.
    Very true, and a damn fine collection it is too.

Blade Runner is a bit of a puzzle to find, try second hand places or the DVD rack in GAME (twas there on Henry Street last i checked)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

I signed up for the iFidelity card deeley at dvdsoon.com.

When you sign up you get 10% off all purchases, which accumulates in some manner, and also there are loyalty points of some sort too. You get free standard shipping too, as they normally charge for that.

But you also get to choose 2 DVDs from a selction of free DVD's. Most of it was thrash, I went with Blade Trinity and then it was a toss up between Battle for Endor or Bladerunner. I went with Bladerunner.

oh yeah... and the catch is it costs 50 Canadian dollars to sign up. Which I think is about €30...

I signed up for that as well about 3 weeks ago....am kicking myself I didnt go for Bladerunner now :mad: although i chose Total Recall and the Incredibles for my 2 free films, Total recall arrived within 4 days in a lovely red mars tin and the Incredibles sent yesterday :)

Good way of getting Bladerunner - albeit R1 if cant get it the normal methods!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

samo wrote:
    I signed up for that as well about 3 weeks ago....am kicking myself I didnt go for Bladerunner now :mad: although i chose Total Recall and the Incredibles for my 2 free films, Total recall arrived within 4 days in a lovely red mars tin and the Incredibles sent yesterday :)

Good way of getting Bladerunner - albeit R1 if cant get it the normal methods!
    I already had Total Recall.

The Incredibles wasn't on the list when I signed up... boo... Although it's only about €15 on their site anyway... plus a 10% discount and for another 10% discount check out the Bargin Alert forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

There is a new 2 disc SE edition of The Big Lebowski coming out soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i had a very similar problem tracking down Bladerunner, in the end, I had to get a copy off someone else. ~(don't tell anyone)~

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Quinnsey

I found a copy of Blade Runner in chapters for €8 and sold it on ebay for €45. I already have the R1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Quinnsey wrote:
    I found a copy of Blade Runner in chapters for €8 and sold it on ebay for €45. I already have the R1.

Excellent, I have a spare copy still in shrink wrap I was saving but maybe I will try ebay also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Excellent, I have a spare copy still in shrink wrap I was saving but maybe I will try ebay also.

ah go on be a good soul <3 sell it to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Is that an offer I hear....

Advertisement