Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to buy!

Options
  • 04-12-2012 11:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31

BLACKBERRY PlayBook 7" Tablet - 64 GB, Nexus 7 or samsung galaxy tab 16gb

Out of the three which would you buy? Im sick of looking, i just need to buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I got the Blackberry Playbook in a recent sale. It's fair enough for browsing, and reading ebooks and the like, but you might not like it if you're too invested in Android.

One major disadvantage is that you can't use the front camera for Skype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Well having never used the other two I will be biased and safely say the nexus 7 is fabulous device.
    Few minor issues with it but you won't go wrong buying it. Get the 32gb if possible.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Nexus is a great tablet. I'd definitely get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Playbook has HDMI port which makes it an easy choice for me. Not to mention the storage size at 64GB
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/BLACKBERRY-PlayBook-7andquot-Tablet-64-GB/306440/2.9

You might find this thread helpful
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80572553

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The Nexus is a great tablet. I'd definitely get that.

I see the Nexus isnt particularly cheap on Amazon. Where can I buy, say the 16gb model, for the cheapest price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

dixiefly wrote: »
    I see the Nexus isnt particularly cheap on Amazon. Where can I buy, say the 16gb model, for the cheapest price?

My daughter is looking for one for christmas. Only place that I've see the 16GB one is on the play store for £159+£10 so roughly €216. I think the 32GB is 233 in Dublin Airport so I might just go for that and save the hassle.

Declan said they wont be getting the 16GB back in Currys and argos sold them off for €190 last month.
    Can only say that we won't be getting 16gb. Reasonably sure they are no longer making them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Here's a bit of a waffle coming up. But the short version is, Nexus 7 = best overall, Playbook = best for watching films on.

So, here's the bit u dont have to read:

The Playbook is very good for watching films on. Excellent screen, and excellent speakers.
    It can also play some Android apps, if the dev has ported them over. If not, u can do it manually with a lot of apps.
    Also, the new Blackberry OS is out in Feb so that'll come to the playbook too, improving it a lot.

The PlayBook, in my opinion, is really really good. The Nexus 7 beats it in raw specs though, and its major flaw is that the Blackberry AppWorld doesnt have as many apps as Google Play. RIM are trying to remedy this by offering huge incentives to developers to make apps for them. For example, if you're a big company, they'll guarantee you 10 grand in ur first year no matter what. They'll pay you the cash themselves if you dont make it.

Also, I got my PlayBook through a deal where if you ported over an Android app to Playbook, you got a free tablet! That was 6 months ago or so, and I love the tablet. Also, last week they had another deal on. They gave us $100 per game we made for them, and if we made 3, we got a free tablet as well, made 5 we got a free phone, and made 10, we got a free trip to San Francisco. So ye, they're basically relying on this new OS to save them so are treating it seriously!

Advertisement