Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me find jeans that fit?

• 23-10-2012 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Like the title says, I really need help finding jeans that fit!

I have a small waist in comparison to my hips and backside, and I'm having massive difficulty finding jeans to fit properly. Every pair of jeans I get that fit my hips and backside properly are hanging off of me at the waistband, they're usually about 4 inches too big and keep falling down. Yes, belts are an option, but it'd be nice to get jeans that fit properly in the first place.

Any shops you know of that have jeans that are suited to someone with a big backside and hips and a proportionally small waist? I've tried Forever 21, New Look, H&M, Penneys, Dunnes, Stratovarious and Only.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Could you not just have the altered at the waste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

mood wrote: »
    Could you not just have the altered at the waste?

I have absolutely no idea. I never even considered it because I don't know of anywhere near me that does it. xD Must look into that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea. I never even considered it because I don't know of anywhere near me that does it. xD Must look into that.

Start a thread asking for tailor/dressmaker recommendations in your area. I always have to have clothes altered. It's a pain and expensive but just the waste on jeans shouldn't cost a lot and as people tend to get a lot of wear out of jeans it is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭fupduck

Have a look at the 'wow' jeans range, they are available @ oxendales.ie very flattering range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

apple bottom jeans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Mahon Point Shopping Centre in Cork does this 'find jeans for me' thing every now and again, whereby they do this body analysis and tell you what type of jeans to buy.........these must be done in Dublin aswell???

I've quite an hourglass shape and to be honest, the only place I can find jeans that flatter my figure are either Debenhams or (god help me for turning into my mammy) Marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

How about Levis Curve Jeans? They have a calculator type thing to help figure out what type of jeans you need. I love my pair, they allow for curves and taper in at the waist. And they're made with lovely non-stretch denim.

http://eu.levi.com/en_IE/women/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'll be checking all of these out. Hopefully my days of constantly yanking my jeans up off of my @ss will be over soon. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I get my jeans in A-wear - and I'm the same as you, small waist compared to my hips and bum! Find them very flattering :)

My nicest pair of jeans ever was bought in Jane Norman though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I have the same problems as you OP and have found that the only way to get the right fit is to go to a jeans shop, find someone who works there, tell them exactly what you want, your size and ask them to find all the possible choices you could need.
    Then you go to the changing room and being to compete in the Jeans Olympics by trying on loads of pairs. The ultimate prize though is better than any old Olympic gold. Its the perfect pair of jeans!.

I wanted a pair of black skinny jeans that weren't low waisted, fitted well, were going to last,etc etc. I didn't mind spending a lot of money on them though as I see the perfect jeans as a great investment. I got a pair of J Brand last night and absolutley love them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Marks and Spencers have great ones - have a few pairs of them - I imagine that you would be the Eva Shape, I have this shape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Ditto for Levis but also Dorothy Perkins. I've always had your problem even when I was younger and took a size 8. I think I must be about 2 sizes smaller in the waist! Dorothy Perkins have a great selection. I usually buy mine there and find them very comfy too. They have different lengths as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Same problem here.

Also, I lost a load of weight over 18 months and I had exactly the same problem is size 18, 16, 14, 12 and 10 jeans.
    As a result of 3 pregnancies and a history of being overweight, I have a narrow waist but a saggy tummy.

M&S are good and I love high waist jeans from Littlewoods

South high rise Molly skinny jeans from Littlewoods are a great fit. They are very flattering shape.

Advertisement