Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bershka sizes....

• 15-10-2012 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭

I found a dress on the Bershka website I wana get but the sizes seem a bit...really small or something?!

I would be a size 12, which is usually a medium but I looked at there measurments & its seems the large would be my size. I have no problem with that but I'm just wondering are there sizes small? I know there a spanish brand and was thinking there are cause alot of spanish women are petite.

I measured my hips & waist etc but the large is still to small :confused:

I'v never bought anything from Bershka before.

So should I get a larger size up or what?

Your thoughts please :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

go with XL so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I find them very small fitting, I'm a size 6/8 and would often get a medium in their clothes as the small is too tight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

go with XL so

no XL

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MagiD

I can't buy anything in there, I'm a size 12-14 and the clothes in there never seem to fit :(

MagiD wrote: »
    I can't buy anything in there, I'm a size 12-14 and the clothes in there never seem to fit :(

ah pity, they have loads of nice stuff, it must be because its a spanish clothing line the sizes are so small :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Such a relief to read this thread! Was trying dresses on in Bershka and despite being a size 6/8, the size small would hardly get over my head!

ok think I better get the large, hope it'l fit now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Bershka, Stradivarius, Zara, Pull and Bear... they're all under the same parent company.

Although Zara is a Spanish company, I find their sizes okay whereas I find Bershka to be very small indeed. I think it's less to do with the country of origin (Spanish people aren't that small???) and more to do with the age they aim at. Bershka aims young. A 14 year old size 8 girl probably doesn't have hips or boobs to speak of, so they cut straighter fitting and slightly smaller. If that 14 year old went into M&S and found a size 8 there (I mention M&S cos I find they consistently run quite true to size) they'd be swamped.

I'm a size 8/10 and I'd be a M/L in Bershka so if you're a 12 you'd be a L/XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

I find Bershka particularly small-fitting on the legs / thighs / bum. I used to be (before getting pregnant) a size 10-12 (10 up top, 12 down below). I have a couple of tops from Bershka in a medium which fit grand, knitwear fits great and had a medium dress which was loose-fitted below the waist and also fit grand. But any time I would try on trousers or skirts in there, even in an XL I'd hardly fit my (admittedly slightly rotund but not that huge) legs or bum into :( Too depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

I'm an 8 to 10 and a medium would fit me snug in bershka. I find zara and h&m can be a bit small but bershka have to be the worst. Def made for anorexic 12 year olds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I find zara and h&m can be a bit small but bershka have to be the worst. Def made for anorexic 12 year olds!
    This in a nutshell, they're cut for very straight-up-and-down figures too and run small, disaster for me so I don't even try.

This in a nutshell, they're cut for very straight-up-and-down figures too and run small, disaster for me so I don't even try.

I'm slim, an 8 to 10 but quite curvy I've a bum and hips so the jeans wouldn't go near me. Couldn't get them over my bum! Could only ever buy dresses or tops from bershka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I have always found Bershka jeans stretch so buy them tight. The sizing has changed in the past couple of years in my opinion. I'm a 12 and the M size always fitted until 2010. The M clothes I have from Bershka still fit that were bought a couple of years ago but now I have to buy L/XL from the brand. Leg length in trousers is crazy, always has to be altered for me and I'm 5foot 5

dollybird2 wrote: »
    I have always found Bershka jeans stretch so buy them tight. The sizing has changed in the past couple of years in my opinion. I'm a 12 and the M size always fitted until 2010. The M clothes I have from Bershka still fit that were bought a couple of years ago but now I have to buy L/XL from the brand. Leg length in trousers is crazy, always has to be altered for me and I'm 5foot 5

thinking of getting the L..hope they still have the dress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I'm sure it will be fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Ok, I must be the only one on here who loves,loves Bershka's sizes.

I'm 6'1 and a size 12.I wouldn't have much in the way of a bum or boobs. Bershka and Stradvarius are always my go to shops when I'm in Dublin. The arms and legs lengths are so long. I usually opt for the Medium size, and I would be a size 12. I would find Pennys closthes to be a lot more tight fitting tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Where is the Bershka in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Rasmus wrote: »
    Where is the Bershka in Dublin?

In Jervis,Blanchardstown and Dundrum shopping centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

MagiD wrote: »

Same as, incredibly irritating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm the same size in Bershka as I am anywhere else :/ But I don't have anything curve-wise soooo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

It is refreshing as a smaller, petite, 6-8 sized woman, with a boyish figure, to find clothes that don't have inches for the hips I don't have..... Yay for Bershka!

panda100 wrote: »
    Ok, I must be the only one on here who loves,loves Bershka's sizes.

I'm 6'1 and a size 12.I wouldn't have much in the way of a bum or boobs. Bershka and Stradvarius are always my go to shops when I'm in Dublin. The arms and legs lengths are so long. I usually opt for the Medium size, and I would be a size 12. I would find Pennys closthes to be a lot more tight fitting tbh.

It's great for tall slim ladies alright! :) A couple of my friends would only buy their jeans there for a while. They do long lengths really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Somebody mentioned how Zara is also a Spanish brand - however, I find that Zara seems to have adapted its sizes accordingly over here. They'd have more stores outside Spain than Bershka would, I think. I lived in Spain for a year and found the sizes in Zara there quite small, but find them ok over here. Bershka is just a disaster altogether. Spanish ladies are a lot less curvy than us though - they may have bums but they tend to be very small chested, if you wanted a bra any bigger than a 34B you'd have to go to the big department stores or underwear shops for old ladies!

Finally managed to get my dress. Got the large & fits like a glove! As l said in the OP l'm a size 12.

http://www.bershka.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/bershkaie/en/40109502/32029/1798010/Bershka%2Bdress%2Bwith%2Bruffled%2Bwaist

Happy out with it :D

Advertisement