Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Ace - IMEI Unknown??? Help!!

• 14-01-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I posted this last night on a Free Help thread but I think I going to need more help!

Am having a bit of a nightmare with a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. My dad got a free upgrade from 02, he gave to my wife as he likes his Nokia C7.

So I got my hands on it and it all went pear shape from there! I tried to unlock it from 02 so she could use her Vodafone sim. It seemed to go ok, I ran an update.zip file which rooted the phone. Then it seemed to accept the sim. But after a couple of days she was having problems, could not make or receive phone calls. I noticed the IMEI was just a load of zeros. So I tried to change the rom to a stock rom but since then all I am getting is "No Service", and the IMEI is unknown!

Would you know of a stock rom which would get rid of the "No service" and is there any way to repair the IMEI?

On the other post it was mentioned that I would have to send it back to Samsung, could any of the phone shops in town sort it?

Have read about Samsung Rocker, I wonder if that would work??

Thanks a million,

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I had the same issue on my Galaxy S I, I was messing about with stuff and managed to wipe the IMEI and Wi-Fi and the cellular radio wouldn't work.

I managed to fix it by going into download mod and flashing a stock ROM from samfirmware, I had to flash it via Odin though as Kies wasn't very helpful.

I had to try a few different ROM's as some didn't work because of kernel issues I think but I now have the "Value Pack" ROM with some ICS features on it and a rooted kernel running perfectly on the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

Sounds like you fecked up your /efs folder. Do a search on the xda forums, that should help.

Advertisement