Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 2 Captain?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    FHFC wrote: »
    I'm only speculating but it makes a lot of sense if you're Jose.

You've signed a big money striker and brought him to a new league. You need him to hit the ground running and keep his confidencepup and ideally be well up the top scorers list before anyone gets to mention the wird drought. He was establishes penalty taker for his old club.

Makes more sense to have him on pens ahead of your established star midfielder who's not fully fit and who's not your best mate to begin with.

Yeah, if you're Jose it makes sense to further disgruntle one of the best players in the world by taking him off pens to allow Costa to keep his confidence up.... ?

I think Hazard has missed one penalty (could be wrong, I remember him missing one against that Norwegian team in the CL that they beat 6-1 anyway) so it makes absolutely no sense to take him off pens given that he is comfortably one of the best penalty takers in Europe.

Hazard will be on pens because he is the best penalty taker at Chelsea, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    FWIW, FFS still list Hazard as Chelsea's number 1 penalty taker:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/premiership-set-piece-takers/

I can't see why they would be taken off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    jive wrote: »
    Yeah, if you're Jose it makes sense to further disgruntle one of the best players in the world by taking him off pens to allow Costa to keep his confidence up.... ?

I think Hazard has missed one penalty (could be wrong, I remember him missing one against that Norwegian team in the CL that they beat 6-1 anyway) so it makes absolutely no sense to take him off pens given that he is comfortably one of the best penalty takers in Europe.

Hazard will be on pens because he is the best penalty taker at Chelsea, no doubt about it.

I agree with this hazard looks so confident taking pens it makes no sense to take him off them. Time will tell though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    I agree with this hazard looks so confident taking pens it makes no sense to take him off them. Time will tell though.

Yeah totally guessing. Just thought it might be a bit Jose.

But I will defer to my elders and betters. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    Lads on the Chelsea forum are adamant Costa on pens this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Fabregas - Leicester (H)

I have Costa and Hazard so either way I'm golden. Having said that, I'd be VERY surprised if Hazard is taken off them. There's absolutely no reason to take him off penalties given that he was sending keepers every which way last year.

Fabregas - Leicester (H)

Any links as to why they reckon this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    jive wrote: »
    I have Costa and Hazard so either way I'm golden. Having said that, I'd be VERY surprised if Hazard is taken off them. There's absolutely no reason to take him off penalties given that he was sending keepers every which way last year.

Whereas Costa made an ass of himself on penalties last season.

*Gets coat* (feck that it's too late at night for coat getting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Hazard - Leicester (H)
    I think that Costa will be taken off the penalties because as someone else mentioned goals from the spot will help him settle and keep his confidence up. Hazard is settled and will understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Hazard - Leicester (H)
    Balotelli captain seems a good shout to me against his old club ;-)

Hazard - Leicester (H)
    Do you think Balotelli will head to liverpool??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Sterling - Man City (A)
    Done deal by the sound of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Sterling - Man City (A)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    FWIW, FFS still list Hazard as Chelsea's number 1 penalty taker:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/premiership-set-piece-takers/

I can't see why they would be taken off him.

Hazard will not be taken off pens. I remember Costa took a few pens for athletico last season and missed half of them!
    Hazard is brilliant at pens!

Hazard - Leicester (H)
    Yeah just seen it there looks like balotelli is on his way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Hazard - Leicester (H)
    I've chosen Fabregas as I don't have Diego Costa. Siggy is tempting too though...

Hazard - Leicester (H)
    Costa seems to me like the better choice. He's in a better squad and will win more games than Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    Costa for me. Main rival will put the armband on Fabregas because there's no way he'll be able to afford to bring Costa in yet. As such, a big game for Costa would be immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Sterling - Man City (A)
    Yep, I'm hoping Costa runs riot. Double figures at a minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,798 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Mata - Sunderland (A)
    Don't have Costa nor Fab, really hoping Leicester are stubborn tomorrow and frustrate Chelsea, I know I picked Rooney in the above, but half thinking for Adebayor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Don't have Costa nor Fab, really hoping Leicester are stubborn tomorrow and frustrate Chelsea, I know I picked Rooney in the above, but half thinking for Adebayor.

Tomorrow could be a horrible day for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    o it now

Do it, do it now:D

What makes you think Adebayor will outscore Rooney or Costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking at Siggy now as not so many rivals have him plus fancy Swansea to get 2/3 v Burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

dahat wrote: »
    Looking at Siggy now as not so many rivals have him plus fancy Swansea to get 2/3 v Burnley

It's tempting but I'm worried about them playing 4-4-2 with Gomis for the easier games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    dahat wrote: »
    Looking at Siggy now as not so many rivals have him

Choosing your captain based on logic like this only makes sense when there are just a few weeks left, you're behind your rivals and you need to try something different to make up ground. We're only one week into the season, the only factor to consider in choosing your captain at this point is who you think will get the most points, no matter who else has him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,798 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Mata - Sunderland (A)
    wonski wrote: »
    o it now

Do it, do it now:D

What makes you think Adebayor will outscore Rooney or Costa?

don't have costa, with regard Rooney not sure about united clicking and scoring big away from home, if you look at the odds, Adebayor is odds on to score anytime while Rooney is evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

don't have costa, with regard Rooney not sure about united clicking and scoring big away from home, if you look at the odds, Adebayor is odds on to score anytime while Rooney is evens.

I really wouldn't pay much attention to those odds at all.. There's no comparison between the players.. I'd fancy Rooney to do well tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fabregas - Leicester (H)

Having Adebayor in your team is like... I don't know what it is like but there are better players out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Hazard - Leicester (H)
    Has to be Costa really............so now let's all watch him pull a hammy while missing a peno in the 12th min after getting a yellow card after 5 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

With Ramsey suspended for champions league second leg he is likely to see the full 90 min, hopefully score (2). I'm going with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am feeling a little bit risky today. Fabregas it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bloody hell. Fabregas in second place despite not having a single shot against Burnley:eek:

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    Bloody hell. Fabregas in second place despite not having a single shot against Burnley:eek:

He'll be a bonus point magnet I reckon plus he's on corners and free kicks for a team that are good from set pieces.

It could also be seen as a good sign that he hasn't even a shot and returned 11 points! Imagine when he does start shooting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Hazard - Leicester (H)

Cause goals are the only way to score points?
    Oh wait......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Oh wait......

Let's wait and see
    I may make not having Fabregas my cause celebre this year, it's very unlikely to be as costly as last years one:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭lau1247

Hazard - Leicester (H)
    Oh wait......

Yeah agree. If he is picking up points from normal play without scoring. Then consider that if he scores, that make it worth to make Cesc captain

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    I won't be taking any risks with my captain. Not that I think Fabregas is a risk, but it's Costa for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ramsey - Everton (A)
    Going with Mata. I think he will be all out to impress against Sunderland after last week's poor showing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Fabregas - Leicester (H)
    Oh wait......

Like Yaya last year. a bonus magnet. If he farted he got points.

Hazard - Leicester (H)
    Yaya was great last season!

Advertisement