Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning on giving up, told about DIY site, what do i buy?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

deco nate wrote: »
    donkey piss :)
    Thirstquenchalicious! Luckily I own a donkey so I have no need for Was' cider now! Thanks deco!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Have you thought about giving up smoking altogether, Champix has worked for a lot of people, big support thread on it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055458413&page=48 , I'm off smokes 12mts next month, can't praise Champix enough. It's worked for a lot of my friends as well.

Good advise

you really should make a serious effort to quit nicotine.

I vape e-cigs and enjoy it but I have tried to quit with champix, hypnotism, patchs, gum, lozenges and of course willpower.
    Only after years of effort to quit, did I try e-cigs and I have to say it was easy, really no effort required to make the switch from tobacco to e-cigs.
    I feel much better for it, but I'm still dependant.
    I'm using e-cigs to wean myself over time, I started at 24mg and am down to 6mg now.
    But I do know a guy who switched to e-cigs with zero nic and has been off for months now, It was his first attempt to quit!

Note: I could not recommend Champix as I experienced psychotic episodes while on it.
    I had no history of mental illness before trying it.
    I now suffer from MDD .
    Champix is scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Note: I could not recommend Champix as I experienced psychotic episodes while on it.
    I now suffer from MDD .
    Champix is scary stuff.

OMG that's fking terrible dude... Sorry to hear that. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You could get some pretty fcuked up dreams in the first 14 days, I did, so did a few people I know and some got none at all. if you can just accept them as drug induced dreams and nothing more you'll laugh looking back at how mental they were.
    The dreams are the worst of it, get through them and your flying it, you won't be smoking anything in 14 days time. It's a 12 week course, you don't take them any longer than that but you have to finish the course.
    I now suffer from MDD .
    Champix is scary stuff.

Without reading anything else online, those two statements are enough to scare the bejaysus out of me away from Champix.
    Thanks for all the advice, going to ring e-smoking ireland now and follow through with the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Have you thought about giving up smoking altogether, Champix has worked for a lot of people, big support thread on it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055458413&page=48 , I'm off smokes 12mts next month, can't praise Champix enough. It's worked for a lot of my friends as well.
    How long you been working for Pfizer's :eek:
    Good little video on the wonders of Champix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vUgnmTiASI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

To get back to the OP - as a previous 30-a-day smoker, I started with 18 and 20mg juices (a couple of weeks ago) and am now finding them a bit too strong for me - I enjoy vaping for the flavours, and would like to be able to do more of it, if you see what I mean. The lower the nicotine, the more I can vape :) I see myself gradually heading to 0 nicotine, but continuing to vape, just because it's fun (I think I've developed an addiction to Wingnuts Select Chocolate Donut), and enjoyable. I am already a non-smoker, despite what some people think - I don't smoke, therefore how can I be a smoker? Of course there was the time when I tried to set light to the end of my battery out of habit...

As for Champix - my husband tried it, had weird dreams, felt a bit nauseous, finished the course, and is still puffing away on his analogues whilst I vape. I am convinced that vaping is the easiest way to stop smoking forever, and is also a pleasure in itself, regardless of it being a nicotine delivery system. In all my previous attempts to stop smoking, there has always been a sense of loss - with vaping, I feel I've gained a new pleasurable hobby - and there is absolutely no way I'll ever smoke another cigarette - they have no appeal to me whatsoever. I'd recommend vaping to anyone who wanted to quit smoking, and indeed to anyone who wanted to quit a nicotine addiction!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

*snip* - please be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

^^ totally uncalled for - edit: Thanks mewso.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Found it brutal myself and it's extreamly expensive. Don't think I've ever been on anything with worse side effects either

I don't remember having weird dreams while on it, I did feel like throwing up at times though. The worst thing I found about it though was that I didn't feel like myself at all, I felt depressed on it and depression is something I've never suffered with. When I stopped taking it the cravings were'nt long coming back.

Its different for everyone but the side effects are real, look at the leaflet that comes with the box, there's a long list.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Allyall wrote: »
    Without reading anything else online, those two statements are enough to scare the bejaysus out of me away from Champix.
    Thanks for all the advice, going to ring e-smoking ireland now and follow through with the order.

Best of luck with it. Let us know how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sept09baby wrote: »
    Best of luck with it. Let us know how you get on

Should be arriving today.. Kinda looking forward to it. Getting off the cigarettes and being able to breathe properly.. Hopefully..

Advertisement