Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a stove to a shared chimney.

Options
  • 20-06-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I'm interested in fitting a small (4kw give or take) multi fuel stove in my house, however the chimney is shared between two fireplaces inopposing rooms. Is it worth or even possible to do this? Can i fit a flue to where they meet and will that be ok? The open fire opposite will remain in use!
    Any and all advice welcome!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 The Stove Man

This is a recipe for disaster and is forbidden by all stove manufactures for good reason, the smoke may come back down into the other room and the air from the other chimney will cool the chimney gases and affect the draw of the stove

Stoves do not produce the same type of smoke\gas as an open fire so just because it works with 2 open fires does not mean it will work with stove fitted

Re-line both chimneys for best results

Advertisement