Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Months of the Year to but Heating Oil

Options
  • 07-08-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody was in the know regarding the best time of year to buy home heating oil. Have heard before that in general Summer months are best for heating oil due to lower demand than other times. In this true and if so are there any months in general in which oil tends to be cheaper.

I know alot depends on tax and the price of oil in general but I'm simply looking for general seasonal effects on oil prices.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Interesting question. I considered this last year but decided not to stock up due to the risk of theft. I no longer fill my tanks and monitor usage closely to ensure supply. It may cost more to get smaller quantities but the risk of loss is much less. Swings and roundabouts I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

When demand is at its lowest and no chance of picking up for a while..

after the 4th of July. before mid august

Advertisement