Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One vs Samaung Galaxy S4

Options
  • 15-10-2013 9:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45

I can't decide which phone to get. Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Nexus 5 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

You won't go wrong with either but the HTC one would be my choice, that is if I wasn't already getting the nexus 5...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

All the latest phones are very samey samey.. That said, in a world where all phones are equal, some are more equal than others..

Nexus 5 ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Galaxy S4 has a removable battery and expandable memory. That's a clincher for me, because the HTC is a sealed unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

S4 if it was my choice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive had both, HTC one for me without doubt, pretty much every review ive read agrees with me :)
    But you cant go wrong with either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

The Galaxy S4 has only about 9GB of usable space to install apps which is poor. But you can buy a class 10 32GB microSD card on Amazon for about €30.

I've the S4. Had it since just after its release and still very happy with it.

It has loads of bloatware (Vodafone apps if you're a Vodafone customer and air gestures that you'll never use). On mine I've hidden the Vodafone apps and Samsung apps that I'm not interested in and turned off the air gestures. The phone is very fast and responsive and solid as a rock for me so I've no problem recommending it. I get about 1 day out of 80% of the battery with normal use.

Some people hate the plastic back. That doesn't bother me in the slightest. In 100% of phones I get these days I put a gel cover over them so they cover the back and edges.
    Something like this. It's saved my phone twice so far. I've dropped it twice from waist height onto tarmac and concrete and there's not a dot on it.

If I had the HTC One I'd have on on that too. Lots of people hate the look of them. I don't mind them. I'd really hate a dent or chip taken out of it more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Bullseye

I got the S4 today. What swung it was the look and feel of it in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Have a Note 3 and HTC One - the Note is similar enough to an s4 in terms of use experience, superior even. But I still prefer the HTC One. Touchwiz is ugly, the screen isn't as nice.

Size or feel of the phone doesn't bother me as it will be in a cover anyway. Sense is also very polished these days. The beats speakers being positioned where they are makes a massive difference to watching media too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Advertisement