Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Lights

Options
  • 19-05-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Cows got into the garden again but this time broke the glass on one of the driveway lights and the distroyed upright pole on another (non-mendable).

I bought these lights in either Aldi or Lidl last year. Would anyone know where I could buy one of these complete units? Or does anyone have the make / model / serial number of them that I could do a web search?

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,087 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If you can tell me what month you bought it I should be able to find out, I have all the special offers emails...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thanks Greebo. I cannot even remember which one I bought them in - Aldi or Lidl. I cannot remember when in 2007 I bought them.

HI,

I have eventually found the make & model of these lights. They are Briloner Leuchten 9042/012 Bollard lights.

I contacted the manufacturer in Germany without any joy - they don't have any left in stock. I've done the Google & eBay searches but, again without any joy.

Can anyone think of anywhere else I can try?

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

They were a Lidl light.

Should be people who purchased them and never installed them.

Is there anywhere you could put up a WANTED ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 happygo

Hi,

It's a bit of a long shot, but did you ever get any replacement lights?
    I need a new glass for one.

Cheers
    Sean

• Advertisement

happygo wrote: »
    Hi,

It's a bit of a long shot, but did you ever get any replacement lights?
    I need a new glass for one.

Cheers
    Sean

Hi Sean,

I changed the lights to much lower lights because I found that these lights toppled over very easily.

But ...... you might be in luck. I might just have one glass shade & if it is there, you are very welcome to it.

I won't be home for a few weeks. But if you are willing to wait, until the end of Sept.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 muggser

Hi D,
    Another long shot...
    Recently bought first house and missing 2 of these lights to complete the driveway. Previous owner had 4 in garage but 2 had gone missing. Looked all over the Web but no luck. Happened upon this thread and thought I'd post as a long shot to see if you have a couple lights that your not using. Would be happy to give a few bob for them.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Hiya Michael,

I should know in 2 weeks how many I have.

I'll PM you then.

D

Many thanks D,
    I'll look out for a pm in a couple of weeks,
    Cheers,
    Michael

Hi D,
    Just wondering if you got a chance to look into garage to see whether you still have any of these lights left?
    Cheers muggser

• Advertisement
Advertisement