Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Council Registration Oddity

Options
  • 19-05-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I registered with the Teaching Council earlier this year and I received a conditional registration. Having just checked the register by searching my name, I am now listed as fully registered rather than conditional.

I then logged into the Teaching Council site to check and I confirmed that it has me down as full with no sign of the word conditional anywhere. This is my first time logging into the website.

I seem to remember it saying conditional when I checked a few months back, but I could be dreaming. So, I have just gone through the register looking at random people and sure enough; some say outright that they are conditional. I bring it up as I had just secured a place on a teaching qualification course, but if I don't need to do it then I wont! Would my acceptance and place on the teaching qualification course have something to do with it? I would not have told the University my teaching council number or anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

This definitely sounds like an admin error on the TC part. You wouldn't have full registration without your PDGE. As for what to do next, I'd advise doing your PDGE and contacting the TC. In any interview they'll ask about your dip, teaching practice, what have you done since graduation etc and then you'll be snookered. Of course the TC could also spot their error at any time - unlikely though considering this insane levels of incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

You are probably registered for further education.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    You are probably registered for further education.

Yes, I am. I should have said outright. The condition of a teaching quali is applied here too.

Advice given here is right; just the thought of not being financially pressured for these crazy fees is a draw!

Thanks!

Advertisement