Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher wanted for summer childminding

Options
  • 18-05-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking for teacher to mind 2 boys aged 4 and 6 for July and August in Dublin 6 with own car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I think you are looking for a qualified childminder? Teachers have a lot of unrecognised hidden work to do, but I don't think childminding is in the job description....

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I think you are looking for a qualified childminder? Teachers have a lot of unrecognised hidden work to do, but I don't think childminding is in the job description....

Plenty of younger teachers that would jump at the chance actually.

Plenty of younger teachers that would jump at the chance actually.

I'd class myself as a younger teacher, know plenty of others, but it's the first I've heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

My local childminder is charging €5 per hour and has 4 kids with her 5 days a week. It would be a lucky teacher to be on such money after tax each week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

I'm a primary teacher, subbing at the moment. I do home tuition for children with Autism. I'm doing July provisions and I take care of four children during the summer. This isn't unusual at all. Why would you even start this argument, like. Just because you don't personally do it, doesn't mean it never happens.

Wish I could help, OP, but I'm in Cork. Hope you find somebody.

• Advertisement

Ok, alright keep calm. I've never heard of anything like this happening, hence my ignorance. I just assumed that the op was throwing out the question randomly in this forum, and I gave what I thought was a logical answer.

I'm generalising now, but some around these parts are very quick to attack, get hot tempered, and have snide remarks at the ready, even in the case when someone makes a genuine mistake/simple error. I wonder is the same temperament portrayed in the classroom....

We'll leave it at that, hope you find a childminder OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ok, alright keep calm. I've never heard of anything like this happening, hence my ignorance. I just assumed that the op was throwing out the question randomly in this forum, and I gave what I thought was a logical answer.

I'm generalising now, but some around these parts are very quick to attack, get hot tempered, and have snide remarks at the ready, even in the case when someone makes a genuine mistake/simple error. I wonder is the same temperament portrayed in the classroom....

We'll leave it at that, hope you find a childminder OP.

Check Work and jobs Forum OP

The Royal 'We' is closing the thread now....

:rolleyes:

MOd:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement