Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S4 mini or nexus 4

• 13-10-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hey looking for feedback on either phone, have a iphone 4 and would like to switch from iOS.. And I am undecided on which to go for!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Nexus 4 easy, no comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Nexus 5 is out in the next week or so. I'd wait til then to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Nexus 5 is out in the next week or so. I'd wait til then to decide.

But if budget is an issue then this is the prime time to buy a Nexus 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

I've an s4 mini now 2 weeks takes a bit of getting used after ios but the phone is a vast improvement over an iphone 4 which is getting on a bit now.

scudzilla wrote: »
    But if budget is an issue then this is the prime time to buy a Nexus 4

Oh yeah I have a nexus 4 and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. Just if the op was to hang on a week or two he could probably pick one up even cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Nexus 4 all the way! Or the Nexus 5 if you fancy waiting & pushing the boat out...but the Nexus 4 will not be defunct for a long time with the Android updates being available within days of the release.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Prices I've seen are 400 for s4 mini or 350 for nexus but seen this evenin on bargain alerts it can be got for 250 using expansays and parcel motel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

i wouldnt even compare the 2 to be honest, nexus all the way, id even have the older galaxy nexus over the s4 mini ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Nexus4 but give it a few days to see if Nexus 5 rumours are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep have to agree, Nexus 4! (or wait till the 5 if you dont mind paying a little more.

The S mini is in no way a 'Galaxy' class device (what ever that means) but its fine for little handed users

• Advertisement

Not even close. The nexus 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

What's the battery life like on the nexus?

What's the battery life like on the nexus?

As long as you don't install any task killers or facebook you can get about a day and a half out of it for light use, a few texts, few mins calls, internet browsing, bluetooth on,wifi on,mobile data on.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Bulmers

i'm was in the same boat as to what phone to buy, i bought the nexus 4 but found it too big for me but was great phone, i prefer smaller size phone so i'd say if you're ok with the size, definitely nexus, plus new one ocming soon but might be hard to get hold of early on.

Battery life on nexus was not great, i was on 4.3 and heard there was issues, apparently was much better on 4.2 so maybe it might improve in newer releases.

I'm between a lumia 820 / htc one mini / s4 mini..

Advertisement