Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail Help Htc one

Options
  • 16-10-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I'm having issues trying to add a second acc to my gmail app , the option just isn't there anymore ? Now I attempted to root my phone last night and unfortunately it didn't complete as the touch screen would respond when it came to actually installing twrp so I couldn't proceed , so the phone is back to normal not rooted , so I start setting up my accounts again ( I did backup all app settings etc ) but for some reason I can't add more than one account to my gmail app .. there used to be a menu tab with 3 little dots on the bottom of the screen when in the gmail app with options to " add account" this is not there anymore. I've looked up the problem and can't find any solution. I have removed and reinstalled the gmail app... Still the same . Any help or advice would be great . Thanks . Phone is HTC one .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I think the latest versions of the Gmail app doesn't have this option. You should be able to go into Settings on the phone itself and add a new account

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

I can only add accounts to the mail app not the gmail app ( mail app is pants ) gmail app is great for searching back through emails etc, and is almost instant with notifications .

I think the latest versions of the Gmail app doesn't have this option. You should be able to go into Settings on the phone itself and add a new account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

arsebandit wrote: »
    I can only add accounts to the mail app not the gmail app ( mail app is pants ) gmail app is great for searching back through emails etc, and is almost instant with notifications .

You can add an account in the settings menu on the phone and then it should show up in Gmail also.
    I have 3 gmail accounts and can see them in the gmail app on the phone

Where do you suggest I add the accounts ? I have 3 email accounts in the mail app .. 1gmail and 2 business addresses .. they don't show up in gmail app . Cheers .
    tui0hcg wrote: »
    You can add an account in the settings menu on the phone and then it should show up in Gmail also.
    I have 3 gmail accounts and can see them in the gmail app on the phone

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Go to settings, then under accounts click on add account. Choose google in there and it should be self explanatory from there. you will be able to check multiple gmail accounts from the gmail app then.

• Advertisement

That's my problem ... There is NO option to add account.. Settings>account and sync > Google ... I can see my account there .. but no option to add another .
    5starpool wrote: »
    Go to settings, then under accounts click on add account. Choose google in there and it should be self explanatory from there. you will be able to check multiple gmail accounts from the gmail app then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

That's my problem ... There is NO option to add account.. Settings>account and sync > Google ... I can see my account there .. but no option to add another .

How about Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Add account, then choose GOogle

You my Man are a genius .... Sorted that way .

Thanks to everyone for their help .

bandit .
    How about Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Add account, then choose GOogle

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You my Man are a genius .... Sorted that way .

Thanks to everyone for their help .

bandit .

That's what I said :(

Good that you found it anyhow.

Appoligies ... You did .. but I was going into Google looking for the add account tab .
    Thanks again .
    5starpool wrote: »
    That's what I said :(

Good that you found it anyhow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement