Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitkat Android promo

• 14-10-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭

Looks like the KitKat Android promo is not going to be here in Ireland or has anyone seen or heard differently?

Once again we are second rate Google citizens even though we have a massive office in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Looks like the KitKat Android promo is not going to be here in Ireland or has anyone seen or heard differently?

Once again we are second rate Google citizens even though we have a massive office in Dublin

Does it count as second rate citizens of we're part of the hundreds of countries not involved.

It's really not a big deal missing out on a different packaged KitKat and the potential chance to win a tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Does it count as second rate citizens of we're part of the hundreds of countries not involved.

It's really not a big deal missing out on a different packaged KitKat and the potential chance to win a tablet.
    We have a huge Google office in Dublin and we are an English speaking relatively modern and wealthy country both in monetary and technology terms. Plus we eat shed loads of chocolate

Why should we not get the same options as places like the UK, Poland, Italy etc etc. Again we are left to get the seconds of most things as we tend to think 'ah sur we will be grand'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

We have a huge Google office in Dublin and we are an English speaking relatively modern and wealthy country both in monetary and technology terms. Plus we eat shed loads of chocolate

Why should we not get the same options as places like the UK, Poland, Italy etc etc. Again we are left to get the seconds of most things as we tend to think 'ah sur we will be grand'

It must be down to money, Ireland has small population comparing to other EU countries

It must be down to money, Ireland has small population comparing to other EU countries

iwo wrote: »

Kuwait have less than 3 million people and all their chocolate probably melts in the sun and they have the promo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Kuwait have less than 3 million people and all their chocolate probably melts in the sun and they have the promo.

you do realise the point of a promotion is to sell more product !!

they do not NEED to do this in Ireland and it would probably not be financially worth their while as sales will marginally increase, in the UK and other countries there is potential for huge increases in revenue.....hence why the "promotion" is not available here and is elsewhere.

Corkbah wrote: »
    you do realise the point of a promotion is to sell more product !!

they do not NEED to do this in Ireland and it would probably not be financially worth their while as sales will marginally increase, in the UK and other countries there is potential for huge increases in revenue.....hence why the "promotion" is not available here and is elsewhere.

Why is there a potential for huge increase in revenue in the UK? Are we that different?
    It can't be that hard to ship the same packs here to the shops. Hell its even available in the North of Ireland.
    If they want to sell more product then why exclude Ireland?
    Just goes back to my original point that we are second rate Google citizens and are normally an after thought even though we house European headquarters and 2000+ employees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Why is it anything to do with Google? Wouldn't this be a Nestle decision?

elderlemon wrote: »
    Why is it anything to do with Google? Wouldn't this be a Nestle decision?

Yes I presume Nestle and Google would be involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Google would not really have a say in the distribution of the chocolate snacks. Yes, they allow the use of the brand for marketing purposes, but they would not have a look in at where the chocolate gets shipped.

Even if they supply the tablets to Nestlé for use in the promotion, they more than likely not have a say in where they do or don't get sent to. For example, the partnership was a loose, formal, yet non profit one, and neither side paid any fees to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd say that it is Google who are deciding where this promotion is as much as Nestle.

Google would not really have a say in the distribution of the chocolate snacks. Yes, they allow the use of the brand for marketing purposes, but they would not have a look in at where the chocolate gets shipped.

Even if they supply the tablets to Nestlé for use in the promotion, they more than likely not have a say in where they do or don't get sent to. For example, the partnership was a loose, formal, yet non profit one, and neither side paid any fees to each other.

As far as i remember this collaboration is VERY loose and agreements were made over the phone basically.

Why is there a potential for huge increase in revenue in the UK? Are we that different?
    It can't be that hard to ship the same packs here to the shops. Hell its even available in the North of Ireland.
    If they want to sell more product then why exclude Ireland?
    Just goes back to my original point that we are second rate Google citizens and are normally an after thought even though we house European headquarters and 2000+ employees

one word answer = population !

the market it already saturated in Ireland and they are probably only going to get increases in the hundreds of thousands (per week) compared to other countries where the increase would be several million (per week) - if the uptake is there.

Irish people already eat lots of chocolate and they have their share of the chocolate market here....and are happy with it (for now)

if you are really that annoyed order a box of kit-kats from a UK shop and ask a friend who lives abroad if they wouldn't mind you entering their name/address (or your name their address) for the competition.

Corkbah wrote: »
    one word answer = population !

the market it already saturated in Ireland and they are probably only going to get increases in the hundreds of thousands (per week) compared to other countries where the increase would be several million (per week) - if the uptake is there.

Irish people already eat lots of chocolate and they have their share of the chocolate market here....and are happy with it (for now)

if you are really that annoyed order a box of kit-kats from a UK shop and ask a friend who lives abroad if they wouldn't mind you entering their name/address (or your name their address) for the competition.

And the UK market isn't saturated with chocolate?

I am not annoyed with the fact that I can't enter the competition its just that once again we don't get what other countries are getting from Google when we we are the home of Google in Europe.

If Nestle and Google wanted to increase market share this should be open in all countries that stock KitKat and that's probably not a huge amount of countries. It looks to me that it is open to all bar the Irish.

And the UK market isn't saturated with chocolate?

I am not annoyed with the fact that I can't enter the competition its just that once again we don't get what other countries are getting from Google when we we are the home of Google in Europe.

If Nestle and Google wanted to increase market share this should be open in all countries that stock KitKat and that's probably not a huge amount of countries. It looks to me that it is open to all bar the Irish.

you are missing the fact they have 53ish Million people in England and we have approx 5Million

higher chance they can get more people to switch allegiances to manufacturers and higher chance they will get more android users and non-chocolate eating people than in Ireland.

look at the end of the day - (its night !) - ..seriously ...at the end of the day its the marketing people or possibly higher up that made the decision and us minnions just have to accept it.

point taken.
    but I still think we are the forgotten country when it comes to this kind of stuff from Google - at the end of the day (and it is day - here anyway!) we are an educated, English speaking, rich and pretty gullible/open to new tech population and ripe to this sort of stuff so I don't see why the overlook us all the time

We would be the perfect country to be beta testers / guinea pigs for all things Google and I think that head honchos in the Dublin office should fight or corner a bit better and ensure we have this kind of stuff open to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Got a promotional pack (UK pack) in Tesco Express today. Didn't win :P

point taken.
    but I still think we are the forgotten country when it comes to this kind of stuff from Google - at the end of the day (and it is day - here anyway!) we are an educated, English speaking, rich and pretty gullible/open to new tech population and ripe to this sort of stuff so I don't see why the overlook us all the time

We would be the perfect country to be beta testers / guinea pigs for all things Google and I think that head honchos in the Dublin office should fight or corner a bit better and ensure we have this kind of stuff open to us

Following your methodology we should be getting all the good things from all the pharma, electronic and other services which Ireland gathers. Let's face it they are here for low taxes not because they love this country...
    Money, money, money. Brutal but true.
    Irish supply chains are not as lucrative as for example UK's and it would be probably too expensive for Kitykat or google to play this game here. This is why we don't see nexus devices etc. Amazon is out of Ireland too. Do you guys think that they don't like to make money? They do and today's business is run by accounts.

point taken.

Following your methodology we should be getting all the good things from all the pharma, electronic and other services which Ireland gathers. Let's face it they are here for low taxes not because they love this country...
    Money, money, money. Brutal but true.
    Irish supply chains are not as lucrative as for example UK's and it would be probably too expensive for Kitykat or google to play this game here. This is why we don't see nexus devices etc. Amazon is out of Ireland too. Do you guys think that they don't like to make money? They do and today's business is run by accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yep confirmed by nestles official twitter account that the promotion is only available in the UK and not the republic of Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement