Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coca-Cola Football League Championship Discussion

• 12-06-2008 11:03am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

erm...why not start one

Well here it is the unofficial coca cola championship thread!

So my team, Forest, are finally back in a decent league. Earnshaw should get us goals but will it be enough to get us promoted, I am not sure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hopefully Reading come straight back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Sh*t League Sh*t Thread

League One is where it's at ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sh*t League Sh*t Thread

League One is where it's at ;)
    My next action is to get rid of the Leeds thread ;)

Better luck next year!

Notts Forest- First team to get promoted automatically by finishing outside the top 2 positions ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well my team Watford have been overachieving for years to be honest. Reckon we'll be back to were we belong and in around mid table this year.

Ellington's gone from us only a year after signing for three million. Year long loan to Derby and joining them on a free.:D

• Advertisement

Can see Marlon King going back to Watford.

Also maybe Bouzza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Notts Forest- First team to get promoted automatically by finishing outside the top 2 positions ;)

Nottingham Forest.

Notts County.

???
    Your point being?

Can see Marlon King going back to Watford.

Also maybe Bouzza

Would love Bouazza back at the club. He is a smashing player when he wants to be and is still young.

King won't be going anywhere from Wigan any time soon.

You really think Wigan fancy King? I wouldn't be so sure. Did he ever score for them?

Would you have Matty SPring back?

• Advertisement

You really think Wigan fancy King? I wouldn't be so sure. Did he ever score for them?

Would you have Matty SPring back?

No I really don't think they fancy King at all but they did pay 5 million for him so I can't see him leaving this summer.

Don't want Matty Spring back to be honest. Would prefer if we looked at players in the Championship to partner Eustace in centre midfield. And I wouldn't be to happy with him coming from Luton for a second time:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Just seen this on another site

Did you know?: Earnshaw is the only player to have scored hat-tricks in The Premier League, every division of The Football League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and at international level

Go on you little welsh wizard!

How much did yous pay for him?

That's a very good signing. When he wants to he can be an outstanding player.

One thing I will say about Earnshaw is he's always done the business in The Championship.

He's turned into a right p*sshead apparently, so Calderwood may have his work cut out

SantryRed wrote: »
    How much did yous pay for him?

That's a very good signing. When he wants to he can be an outstanding player.

He cost £2.65m
    One thing I will say about Earnshaw is he's always done the business in The Championship.

He's turned into a right p*sshead apparently, so Calderwood may have his work cut out

He will sort him out and I think Earnshaw had a point to prove as he fallen way down the pecking order with Toshack.

2.65 million is a good deal for yous. Considering we paid 3million for Ellington and he did sweet f**k all for us. Think he scored two goals all season.

New players needed for us would be a goalkeeper, centre back to partner Sh1ttu, centre midfielder for Eustace and most importantly we need a goal scoring centre forward.

I think we've got two of the best wingers in the league in Smith and McAnuff, when they're on form they can take apart many teams. Just like they did this season but had no one in the box to put away the crosses:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well here it is the unofficial coca cola championship thread!

So my team, Forest, are finally back in a decent league. Earnshaw should get us goals but will it be enough to get us promoted, I am not sure.

Not with him alone i'd say. You would need a couple more players. Probably around an 11th finish or so. Consolidate this season then next season who knows!

As long as we finish ahead of Derby it will be a good season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Our name is not Notts Forest, it is Nottingham Forest, which can be abbreviated to 'Nottm' or just plain Forest. See our website. We vehemently dislike being called that name. People who do refer to us as 'Notts Forest' know little or nothing about the club. Cloughie once 'ate the face' off an interviewer for referring to us by that name, and i don't blame him.

Back to the OP, i think Reading, should they manag to keep Hunt, Lita, Convey, Harper, Doyle, etc will go straight back up. A side like them, who tries to play football, deserves to be in the PL. Birmingham will no doubt also be up there. Derby are in the process of stripping and re-building, so best they could hope for is play-off spots.

QPR with their millions should be knocking on the door of the playoffs at least and if Coventry can manage to keep Leon Best, i can see them challenging for playoffs also. Expect Sheff Utd, Watford, Charlton and Southampton also to finish inside the top eight. Preston should also do much better, after a couple of torrid seasons. As for Forest, i'd like to say top 8, but at the moment, mid-table is probably the best we can hope for. Although should we pick up a few more players of Earnshaw's calibre, then there's no reason why we cannot challenge for a top six finish, if Hull and Bristol City can do it, then anyone can.

My three for the drop are Blackpool, Barnsley and Sheff Wed. The other two promoted sides, Swansea and Doncaster, are good footballing sides who i expect to do well in this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

come on the Wednesday - there are alot of Wednesday fans on this board but they rarely post!

there is a thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69254&highlight=sheffield+wednesday

At the moment there are numerous rumours of a takeover, this remains to be seen, who knows!

but for now we shall re-build for next year with no money and hope we get a few signings on a free.

one player that has been rumoured to sign is irishman james o'connor who has left burnley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I might never post here again, but this needs to be Garvan's breakthrough year.

Originally Posted by grenache

Our name is not Notts Forest, it is Nottingham Forest, which can be abbreviated to 'Nottm' or just plain Forest. See our website. We vehemently dislike being called that name. People who do refer to us as 'Notts Forest' know little or nothing about the club. Cloughie once 'ate the face' off an interviewer for referring to us by that name, and i don't blame him.

Jesus christ? You got something against S's?

Originally Posted by estebancambias

I might never post here again, but this needs to be Garvan's breakthrough year.

Amazing amazing player on FM :)

Fixture list for this season is out on Monday. Already counting down the days. Hoping to get over for the first game of the season.:D

Originally Posted by grenache

Jesus christ? You got something against S's?
    Yes we do! If I kept referring to Leed United would you correct me? Yes you would.

Just a bit of courtesy to refer to us by a proper name.

Thanks

F*ckin hell lads, if that sortve thing bothers you.........

Nottingham is a City in the county of Nottinghamshire, abbreviated also as Notts.

Btw, I prefer Dirty Leeds ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7453880.stm

Forest V Reading first day of the season :D

Just had a look at the flights there and Aer Lingus are doing flights to Birmingham for nothing, just pay taxes for the day we're against Forest away.

Keano, I'm guessing there's a train station that would link Birmingham and the airport to Nottingham and back?

I am sure there is. It is handy for me as Ryanair fly direct from Shannon to the East Midlands.

• Advertisement

Yeah was looking at East Midlands myself but the last flight is at 1920 or something. Leaving it too tight I reckon.

Nottingham Forest set up their second close season capture today when Liverpool agreed to the season long loan of highly-rated midfielder Paul Anderson.

In doing so they beat off a rival bid by fellow promoted side Swansea City to take the player back to the Liberty Stadium for a second season.

The paperwork is expected to be completed in time for the 19 year old winger to report for pre-season training with the rest of the players on Tuesday.

Anderson spent last season on loan with the League One Champions and scored eight goals in 27 starts and nine substitute appearances.

He was out for some time following a knee injury sustained against Forest at The City Ground but went on to be named their Young Player of the Year.

But he was made aware of Forest's interest and after talks with manager Colin Calderwood jumped at the chance of a move back to his native East Midlands.

He said: "I enjoyed last season at Swansea but after speaking to Forest I just felt that it was the right move for me.

"I'm joining a big club in Forest and I am very excited about the challenge of trying to help them make an impact in the Championship.

"I realise I will face a battle to get into the team because there are some very good players here but I have confidence in my ability to do that."

Anderson, who originally comes from Melton Mowbray, was released by West Brom as a youngster. He joined Hull City and in January 2006 got a dream move to Anfield, where he figured in their Youth Cup winning side that season.

Just got flights over to Birmingham on the 23rd of August for the Forest game for 25 euro including taxes:D

Tickets should be easy enough to get.

Anyone else heading over for any of the early games?

Just got flights over to Birmingham on the 23rd of August for the Forest game for 25 euro including taxes:D

Tickets should be easy enough to get.

Anyone else heading over for any of the early games?

I shall be heading to same game. Just booking my flights as i speak.

grenache wrote: »
    I shall be heading to same game. Just booking my flights as i speak.

Do you know roughly how many thousand is the away capacity?
    Getting tickets through Watford should be easy but it is the first proper away game of the season.

Former Manchester United, Newcastle and England striker Andrew Cole has today agreed to join Nottingham Forest.

Full Story

Another has been :(

• Advertisement

Do you know roughly how many thousand is the away capacity?
    Getting tickets through Watford should be easy but it is the first proper away game of the season.
    sorry, i got a bit confused there, its the Reading game i'm going to! I would guess Watford would have 4,000 away capacity, or thereabouts.

Been news for about a week now but thought I'd post it up here.

Club is now officially up for sale.

I can't copy and paste it but here's the link - http://www.watfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~1338029,00.html

He's done some job for us the past six years. Really put us on a good foothold considering where we were 6 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

i was looking at the odds , and QPR are favorites , kind of surprised to see that , and Cardiff look a long shot to gamble on, for me

Former Manchester United, Newcastle and England striker Andrew Cole has today agreed to join Nottingham Forest.

Full Story

Another has been :(
    Scored 6 in 13 while on loan at Burnley last season, has scored goals at every club he's been at, and only Alan Shearer has scored more Premier League goals than him. I would not be so quick to diss him Richie :) Even at the ripe age of 36!

I for one, think its a great signing. Welcome home Goal King Cole :cool:

Advertisement