Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kevin Keegan's nephew found dead

• 09-07-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

the latest pathology gossip-

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=769564

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan and his family are coming to terms with the death of 27-year-old Craig Keegan, who was discovered dead by Metro Inns staff last Wednesday.

The office worker booked a three-night stay in the Doncaster hotel and reports suggest that the man died of a drugs overdose between checking in on Monday and the discovery on his body Wednesday morning.

Staff were concerned after a cleaner failed to gain access to Room 220 and manageress Melanie Butcher was the first on the scene, having intended to wake Craig Keegan. The Mirror reports that Butcher "immediately thought that [Keegan] looked dead".

However, it must be noted that the cause of death has not been officially determined and coroner Fred Curtis is still awaiting the results of the routine toxicology tests.

Craig's father is Michael Keegan, the younger brother of Newcastle boss Kevin. Michael said his son suffered from agoraphobia and was largely housebound. In fact, the man hadn't left his house for five months before the doomed hotel stay.

The inquest has been adjourned until a later date.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

That's very sad. May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

RIP , but is this really on topic on the soccer forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'll never understand these RIP threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

RIP, did this deserve a thread?

Back ontopic, I remember controversary when Glenn Hoddle was a manager in the EPL. His father died so the teams wore black armbands and there was a minutes silence. There were a lot of people complaining that while it was sad it had zero relevance to the game. He wasn't a player or had any connection to the club afaik so why the special treatment.........

This thread is similar tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

micmclo wrote: »
    RIP, did this deserve a thread?

Back ontopic, I remember controversary when Glenn Hoddle was a manager in the EPL. His father died so the teams wore black armbands and there was a minutes silence. There were a lot of people complaining that while it was sad it had zero relevance to the game. He wasn't a player or had any connection to the club afaik so why the special treatment.........

This thread is similar tbh

Indeed. Seeing as Hoddle could talk to the dead/his dad would be reincarnated anyway ;)

No harm in the mins silence tbh. They did it for Stans dad before the Denmark match, and a Liverpool derby last year.

Nephew is a bit far off though...

• Advertisement

I don't see why people are so peeved at this thread. Keegan is a PL manager and the OP was just sharing a breaking story. I don't think that the Soccer forum was an inappropriate place to post this thread.
    In spite of the fact that I never met the guy, I still hope he rests in peace.
    Big deal? I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I don't see why people are so peeved at this thread. Keegan is a PL manager and the OP was just sharing a breaking story. I don't think that the Soccer forum was an inappropriate place to post this thread.
    In spite of the fact that I never met the guy, I still hope he rests in peace.
    Big deal? I don't think so.

No disrespect at all to Keegans newphew, but he's not in any means related to soccer or soccer discussion.
    I don't mean this the wrong way, but if Keegans dog died, would it be appropriate to start a thread on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

pvt.joker wrote: »
    No disrespect at all to Keegans newphew, but he's not in any means related to soccer or soccer discussion.
    I don't mean this the wrong way, but if Keegans dog died, would it be appropriate to start a thread on it?

do you not remember all the fuss about Jose Mourinho and his dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Whilst it may be a little unrelated, it's only a thread ffs, and it's evident from the title what the content is. No one forced you to click on it.

As a Toon fan, my sympathies go out to Keegan and his family.

Come on that's hardly a good comparison. Like charlie said, you saw the title of the thread - nobody forced you to read it or to subsequently reply to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

1000 faux tears, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

in fairness, saying that nephew is a bit far off, does nobody remember a few months ago when England played France in a friendly?
    They did a minute silence for a TV presenter that died. How irrelevant is that?

Edit: Oh and RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

To all of the morons who have complained so far in this thread, don't you think you shouldn't have even bothered posting? Let the moderators decide if the thread is allowed or not. If you don't like this thread here, tough. Your opinion matters none.

Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I would love it if the autopsy proves he died peacefully, love it!

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Pigman II wrote: »
    I would love it if the autopsy proves he died peacefully, love it!

RIP

Brilliant:D That post right there is the perfect way to end this thread. Close it now... Oh, and delete my post.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I don't know if its worthy of a new thread ;) but some good news for Kevin Keegan today

http://news.travelcounsellors.co.uk/Flybe_passengers_set_to_fly_in_Kevin_Keegan_18676513.html

Flybe passengers set to fly in Kevin Keegan

Europe's biggest regional airline, Flybe has announced that it has named one of its Bombardier Q400 aircraft in honour of football legend, Kevin Keegan.

The current manager of Newcastle United Football Club unveiled the aircraft that bears his name at a ceremony at Newcastle International Airport.

Newcastle-born Mike Rutter, Flybe's chief commercial officer, also attended the event alongside other important guests.

The aircraft has been named to honour Keegan's service to Newcastle United, both as a player in 1980s and latterly as manager of the club.

Keegan has legendary status among the people of Newcastle and recently returned to much acclaim for his second management spell.

The 57-year-old said at the ceremony that he was "delighted" to have an aircraft named after him and drew comparisons to fellow footballers George Best and Matt Le Tissier who both have Flybe aircraft named after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

A regretable incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Europe's biggest regional airline, Flybe .....

That explains it.

At first I thought naming an aircraft that was going to Europe after Kevin Keegan seemed a bit silly.

*gets coat*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

RIP , but is this really on topic on the soccer forum?

I agree.At this rate we will have a thread on Big Sam's cat getting knocked down by a milk float.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement