Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 16 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thank the lord Allen covered fletcher there

Bahahaha, i was gonna praise Fletcher, for knocking it away there til i saw it hit him in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

He had been playing OK tonight to be honest, but at the end of the day... Sanches gonna Sanchez.

Yeah thats the thing with Sanchez, plays well, then f*#&$ up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Those last two throws were awful. We don't really deserve to win this tbh.

• Advertisement

Williams misses... and that's probably the game.

EDIT: The refs competition to see who can give the lightest roughing the passer penalty continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mike Carey is no Mike Pereira, is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Billy86 wrote: »
    Sanches gonna Sanchez.

Pretty much sums it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Eagles have just imploded.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Those last two throws were awful. We don't really deserve to win this tbh.

Yeah we dont deserve to win, the defense is mush and gave up countless yards receiving and in penalties

• Advertisement

I rewound that... Barwin wasn't offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Billy86 wrote: »
    I rewound that... Barwin wasn't offside.

One of the worst officiated games you'll see. We've been shocking tho. With how bad the skins are we shouldn't be in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Yay skins win who would have thought:D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

With that Eagles loss, the Lions are officially playoff-bound:):):)

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    One of the worst officiated games you'll see. We've been shocking tho. With how bad the skins are we shouldn't be in this situation.

True, you'd swear it was the Seahawks that the Eagles were playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Saw the second half of the game in the end. Well **** it anyway.

The colts are our only hope now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

When you spend so little time on football that you forget The Sanchize is the starting qb you know your in trouble!

It just shows how quickly things can change in this league. I mean after the thanksgiving game against dallas, i don't know about other eagles fans but I was certainly thinking that we have it wrapped up.

Way to tackle San diego. I know this is a new field but it looks bad just looking at it.

• Advertisement

The Chargers and Rivers have fallen off so badly in the second half of the season it is unbelievable. OK so they do have an awful lot of injuries, but they have been absolutely dire.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The colts are our only hope now.

I expect the Colts to win but does it really matter, we're not good enough, our defense is mush, sure we can stop the run well enough, but if we dont get to the QB, he could stand there all game and pick us apart, worst CB's at coverage ive seen.

We may as well have kept Vick then have Sanchez, yeah he fumbles and could throw an interception or two, but at least he'd be a threat on the ground with that Oline, also i said it at the time and looking at his stats in a fairly poor offense, it was a big big mistake letting Djax go in my opinion, Cooper got 2 TD's last night, but apart from them, his season could be summed up by saying i know hes out there, i just cant see him.

Gotta get a new QB in for next season, maybe a speedy WR and definitely some CB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fell asleep when 49rs were 3 td's ahead after rivers threw the pick 6 to bathesda....how in the utter **** did they manage to lose that game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

What in the sweet shiny hell happened SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Agent J wrote: »
    What in the sweet shiny hell happened SF?

rivers threw 3 fecking int's and still managed to win and gates apparently decided san fran had enough of a headstart

fell asleep when 49rs were 3 td's ahead after rivers threw the pick 6 to bathesda....how in the utter **** did they manage to lose that game

Kaepernick went all kinds of Kaepernick, and Rivers got into a very good rhythm. Turning point was the 49ers getting a long TD pass disallowed for holding I think it was, then on the next play Kaepernick fumbling which the Chargers recovered for a TD. It was around that point that the 49ers began to look more like they have for the last 6 weeks or so, which is to say kind of disinterested. Cracking second half but it went on forever - overtime didn't start until after 5am. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

49ers have to be trading up in the draft for one of them qbs this year.

Raf32 wrote: »
    49ers have to be trading up in the draft for one of them qbs this year.

I reckon they stick with Kaepernick another year at least from what he showed in his first year and a half starting, definitely do not see them going for Winston even if he is available without drafting up. A lot depends on who the new coach is, but they'll surely be enamored with Kaep's potential I reckon... they'll just need to find a way to squeeze an actual brain into his head to put it together. A gamebreaking WR is a bigger need, and maybe a defensive lineman with McDonald gone and Justin Smith older again (turns 36 early next season).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Just watched the condensed game of Chargers/49ers. That second half was great fun. Rivers, despite 3 poor enough interceptions, showed some real guts and skill to make some huge 4th down conversions. I really like his playing and how he never, ever stops fighting even when he's playing poorly. Looked like the 9ers were going to weather the storm when Kaepernick ran for the massive TD but they seemed to switch off after that and when the Chargers D started to hit the line of scrimmage hard they forced them into mistakes. But mostly the moral of the story is condensed late night games are great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ugh was convinced Frank Gore would be out/ ineffective after last week. Then wham 50 yard touchdown run, fantasy is a cruel game. Looking forward to watching the condensed version of it as a warmup for this afternoon though.

Advertisement