Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone getting calls from 0099999999 & 0013122638267 ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tararrr

So I stopped answering the calls altogether, and after a whole day of incessant ringing they have seemed to stop. There have been no calls the past 2 days. I know it's fun talking to them, playing the Indian National Anthem and trying to wind them up, but if you don't answer the calls they will stop!

(Fingers crossed that they don't start again :/)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Haven't answered the phone in 2 days and haven't received a call since. Either they they don't work weekends or they have stopped calling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

Hubby working nights so phone was unplugged all day Thursday and no calls since. I wonder if they made any real money from this, enough to pay everyone in the 'call centre'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Didn't get any for the last three days ever since I explained I didn't live here any more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

razzler wrote: »
    Hubby working nights so phone was unplugged all day Thursday and no calls since. I wonder if they made any real money from this, enough to pay everyone in the 'call centre'.

Unfortunately, they do. Otherwise, they wouldn't keep doing it.

I simply will not deal with ANY telesales anymore. I don't care who it is, they get hung up on.

I can be contacted by post, by email etc. I don't really need to be dealing with some push salesperson on the phone when I'm trying to relax or work or whatever. It's very intrusive even when it's not a scam.

Same goes for door-to-door sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 doublediamond

Just been reading the threads, got a call yesterday and several today regarding a refund from ppi that I amy have paid.I hit the roof yesterday but should it happen again it won't be music that they will hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's verbal spam. Unfortunately, the numbers that are displayed on your Caller ID are utter garbage as they're coming in from VoIP lines and nobody has any control over what they display.

The best approach is to just hang up on them or don't answer the calls at all if you see a weird looking Caller ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

I thought this had all stopped. Neither me or people I know get these calls anymore. Maybe they've got a new batch of landline numbers to call. Doublediamond, be prepared for lots of calls every day for about a week, sometimes just minutes apart. Or try not answering for a day, now I remember it stopped when I had unplugged the phone for a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I'm gonna resurrect this thread cause I came home today to discover a missed call on my landline from the 0099999999 number.

Never had it before, with UPC and ex-directory. I hope we dont start getting a lot of these calls :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I'm gonna resurrect this thread cause I came home today to discover a missed call on my landline from the 0099999999 number.

Never had it before, with UPC and ex-directory. I hope we dont start getting a lot of these calls :/

Luckily we've had a significant dry patch of getting no calls for this, or any number using the same scam. Worst we have to deal with now is some nothern ireland company ringing to try and get us to take lottery tickets for the matter hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Got one of these calls on Friday. I answered but they said nothing. They left a voicemail after that - again, saying nothing. Very odd. Also a UPC phone customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

My friends parents got a call from: 0099999999

They did what they asked them to do (not sure exact things they were asking him), till the moment Credit card was needed. He thought this is scam and hanged up.

they have restarted the PC and once booted it was asking for SAM password, restoring registry keys was a walk around to fix it...

Advertisement