Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 years in a relationship

Options
  • 13-02-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

How can one get there head around it after 30 years it's over .
    2 years on now , and I'm still in a black pit, thinking what happened to us..
    I try to move forward but I can't . My wife says that I always loved her more then she loved me.But she questioned this all the time. 30 years of my life wasted...........................I can't make any sense of it all . God I hate every day it's like being on a mouse wheel .What to do now where do I start , no going back now .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Did you enjoy the 30 years? If the answer is yes then it wasn't a waste for you. You need to stop wallowing in the mire, think positively and get back out there.

I know a man and woman. Married when she was 19,he 18. Raise 5 kids. Hit 66 and he retired( she was a housewife, raised the kids and then looked after her grand kids) and 2 years later she was sick of him under her feet and left him. He was devastated by it but 2 years later he started going to ballroom dancing classes and shows and met a widow woman and next year when he's allowed divorce is getting remarried at the ripe age of 73-74.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

thanks ken

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

Something similar happened a relation of mine. It a tough one all right. He found solace in his network of friends and family. He did the things he wanted to do and invested his time in his social activities , golf, holidays.
    I'm a strong believer in positivity attracting positivity.
    For my relative, he met someone after 3 years and they are now very close / possibly partners- but she was attracted to his positivity and love of everything. I think it boils down to perspective - how does one choose to see the situation and how does one choose to react.
    I hope it works out for you irish gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

Thanks Susan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Carpe Diem, OP - Seize the day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Unfortunately with the best of luck you grew apart. Hopefully your young enough to find love for a second time.

It's never a waste, I'm sure you and your wife started with the best of intentions. But with time it didn't pan out that way, sad but your not alone.

Try to look back on those times, remember the happy time and don't focus on the bad times. Learn from this and take that experience into your next relationship.

best of luck op

Advertisement