Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Fit Limerick

Options
  • 06-08-2014 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Father just retired and looking to get back on his old road bike a 'Dawes Equinox Reynolds 531' i think. Anyway he wants to get a proper bike fit done so any necessary adjustments can be made.
    Can you recommend some one please in the Limerick area.
    Regards
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

What kind of bike fit is he looking for?

There are two types I have found in my research.

There are the basic ones that do a kind of side on view, size you up and get the right angles etc. Usually between €70 - €130. A lot of bike shops do these. Unfortunately, I'm not from Limerick so I can't make a recommendation.

Then there are the ones that do a full bike fit service. There aren't many, but they will analyze full body movement so that the effect of your angle changes can be made while also looking at the effect on your knees and hips and the way they sway. They're typically around €150 - €250 depending.

So it depends on how much cycling he'll be doing and how much he thinks it'll be worth investing.

I've gone for this one, but haven't done it yet so can't fully comment on any comparison etc. There could be a place in or around Limerick that has the same setup.

Advertisement