Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found out wife is cheating, we have a 6 year old daughter

Options
  • 18-02-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A few days ago I found out that for the last few months she has been seeing this other guy. She told me she doesn't want to be with me. We have a 6 year old daughter. My wife says I could see our daughter anytime, if I move out she will pay part of my rent. We have a mortgage in joint names since 2011 with 21 years left. Is there any chance for me to keep my daughter and home? We will be struggling financially if we seek legal aid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Don't leave your home until you have a proper agreement in place. Do not moved out based on anything agreed verbally as you will never be able to prove it.

Get legal advice ASAP.

If things are amicable then you can thrash out the details in mediation. If you are using joint bank accounts, set up a single one immediately and have any salary paid into that and transfer your share of mortgage / other bills into joint account.

Have you asked her would she consider moving out?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lostsoul01

Do not leave the home until you find out what your legal implications are. If you are the main earner then you will be expected to pay maintenance for your wife and daughter and look after a second home for yourself. As the home is in both of your names one of you eventually could buy the other one out or come to some sort of arrangement ie; hand over house as maintenance lump sum, these are all just examples and do not relate directly to any one situation so my advise is go and talk to solicitor ASAP otherwise you may make an error you will later regret. Best of luck with everything xx

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭HoneyBee78

I'm afraid I don't have any advice but I agree with what the other posters have said. And it must be so hard to think straight when going through this. It seems unfair that you should be the one expected to move out after she was the one in the wrong.

I just want to say I hope you will get through this, try stay strong for your daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭braceface

Do not move out until you speak to FLAC, they will be a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Do not move out at all. Why should you? She is the one who was getting serviced outside of the main dealership. She has some neck to assume she gets to have her cake and eat it. You'll feel better soon OP. Get your daughter babysat at your folks place. Go out and have a great time. You might bring home some cake of your own and eat it very loudly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Oscars Mum

Goz83, that just gave me the biggest laugh today.. much needed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Always baffles me why the woman always thinks she has the right to be the chief parent and the person who has the right to the house.

A child is created by two people, ergo both parents have equal rights.
    Women can be so devious.

I am a woman.

Good luck OP, hope you meet a truly fantastic lady and have a happy life with her and your daughter :)

Advertisement