Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Charity Week 2015 (1st - 6th March)

Options
  • 16-02-2015 12:14pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, the announcement video appeared last week:

Basshunter, eh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I personally can't wait for Basshunter! :D Going back to the teeny bopper days :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

iLaura wrote: »
    I personally can't wait for Basshunter! :D Going back to the teeny bopper days :)

That seems to be the SU's MO for events these past few years. :P

Basshunter wouldn't be my taste at all. Even the clip in the video made me cringe it's so mid 00's sounding.

But hey, that's just me. And if they can capture the nostalgia market well enough they stand to make a helluva lot of money for charity, probably way more so than if they got a contemporary act in.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That seems to be the SU's MO for events these past few years. :P

Basshunter wouldn't be my taste at all. Even the clip in the video made me cringe it's so mid 00's sounding.

But hey, that's just me. And if they can capture the nostalgia market well enough they stand to make a helluva lot of money for charity, probably way more so than if they got a contemporary act in.

I'm not even a fan of their music, I only like maybe 1 or 2 Basshunter songs. I'll be going, like you said, for nostalgia purposes.
    Exactly, its all going to charity at the end of the day, and I doubt it was too expensive to book Basshunter to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

At least it's better than Trinity whom have suffered serious cuts in the line-ups for their Charity Week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    At least it's better than Trinity whom have suffered serious cuts in the line-ups for their Charity Week :pac:
    I assume you are referring to the Trinity Ball not Charity/Rag Week? Trinity Ball is a 1 night affair.... very different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Basshunter

Random trivia: Basshunter has performed in the UL arena before a number of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Basshunter is also playing for Tralee IT's Charity week this Friday..

Advertisement