Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier a bike?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭

I need to get a bike from Sligo to Dublin via courier. The easiest way I can think to do this is get my mate to put it aboard a train in Sligo but I'm unsure if CIE would then allow me to pick it up at the far end ?
    Failing that does anyone know what option I might have? Any private bus companies doing Sligo to Dublin who might take it for me? My guess is a courier would cost €50-60 for the size weight and I might be required to get a box to wrap it in, something I wanna avoid if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Fast way did it for me for about 40 blips. Sound lads. Give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

MugMugs wrote: »
    Fast way did it for me for about 40 blips. Sound lads. Give them a call

Did they require it to be boxed, wheels taken off ? I'm hoping to avoid that if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Nah, Like I said, pretty reasonable lads. Just call and have a chat and they'll see you right. My local depot did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks mate, will give them a ring in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

It will be in your own interest to package it ensure it gets to its destination without damage. Fastway don't offer a packaging facility it up to you to package the bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement