Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a stupid question but

Options
  • 13-08-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

New to these slim 23m tyres.

However, looking to get some replacement tubes and I'm not sure of the size to order.
    Looking on wiggle I can only see 700x20, 700x28 and 700x32

what sizes suit a 23mm?

Also, any good recomendations brandwise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Most tyres are set to fit a range of sizes, so for a 23c you would get tubes that do 20c - 25c.

I use these Conti Race 28 tubes, good price and never a problem with them. Some people use cheaper ones, but it's personal preference I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I have these in my tyres are the moment and never had an issue.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/michelin-a1-airstop-butyl-road-bike-tube/rp-prod20484

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

logik wrote: »
    I have these in my tyres are the moment and never had an issue.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/michelin-a1-airstop-butyl-road-bike-tube/rp-prod20484

Interesting that they do an 18-23 and an 18-25.

The 18-23c seems pointless or is there a big weight difference?

I'm always tempted to buy Michelin because of the Michelin man, but never hear great things about the tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

C-Shore wrote: »
    Interesting that they do an 18-23 and an 18-25.

The 18-23c seems pointless or is there a big weight difference?

I'm always tempted to buy Michelin because of the Michelin man, but never hear great things about the tyres.

I would say the weight is very very marginal, (you would not notice it).

As far as their tyres go, I am running Pro 4 on 2 bikes and love them. Fantastic grip in the dry and wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Ive used the pro4 service course since last summer and find them to be just as good as gp4000s, not sure about puncture resistance as Im not on open roads much with them, I have a feeling they would get cut up more than the Continentals. great value currently at CRC for a pair

the tubes fit a range of sizes but the more the inner tube has to stretch the less resistance it has to punctures(hopefully the tyre doesnt give it a chance to be pricked)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

thanks guys.

Advertisement