Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android phones

Options
  • 17-04-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Well looks like I'm going upgrading (or trying to anyways) again. I have very limited cash so my budget is about 130 euros. of course with a budget that low I would be very tempted by the cheap chinese unbranded androids. I know there is a big thread on this and a big market for it out there so I was looking for some help. Could anyone recommend me a Samsung Galaxy s4 chinese replica? Honestly I want the phone to do me for at least a year if not two, So build quality etc has to be perfect, as in I dont want a camera that says 13MP when its actually scraping 5MP. I dont know much about the market but I know there are others who know a lot so I was hoping someone could recommend something along those lines

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

With such phones, if they are a knock off, then customs may sieze the phone, for copyright infringement.

So, be careful. You may pay for something that will never arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭horse7

Hey Yall wrote: »
    Well looks like I'm going upgrading (or trying to anyways) again. I have very limited cash so my budget is about 130 euros. of course with a budget that low I would be very tempted by the cheap chinese unbranded androids. I know there is a big thread on this and a big market for it out there so I was looking for some help. Could anyone recommend me a Samsung Galaxy s4 chinese replica? Honestly I want the phone to do me for at least a year if not two, So build quality etc has to be perfect, as in I dont want a camera that says 13MP when its actually scraping 5MP. I dont know much about the market but I know there are others who know a lot so I was hoping someone could recommend something along those lines
    try this one from amazon uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cubot-P9-Unlocked-Smartphone-Bluetooth/dp/B00G7HNKU2/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1398105347&sr=1-2 I got one a few weeks ago and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

horse7 wrote: »

Looks a cracking fone for the price,Whats the battery life like on this phone? Can you have both sims active at the same time?

im getting 3 to 4 days,i use one sim,dont have 2.

• Subscribers Posts: 686 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

How are you horse.. have you found any problems with this Cubot P9 at all? I've ordered one (actually from the same link you've suggested above). I don't expect a great camera, but everything else with the phone seems to be reviewed pretty well on Amazon. Have you had any niggling problems like the need to install any apps such as keyboard, probs relating to rooting (which could be problematic for Sky Go customers)? Or any problems with roaming indication on screen? Any probs setting it up with your network? I.e. mms settings etc. I'm with meteor.

Also.. was there any issues with delays in ordering from Amazon? I ordered 3 days ago and still Amazon says "preparing for dispatch".

• Advertisement

hi ive had no problems with the p9,put in the sim and all good,the only problem was the phone was set to chinese,but a quick email to the seller followed by a quick reply sorted that out. if u have that problem i,ll send u the info,and there was a quick delivery, all covered by amazon too. best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience and how it was resolved. I ordered a THL 5000 from Mixeshop but they sent me an ASUS Zenfone 6. Will they actually send me the THL or will it be one of those long customer service ordeals?

Advertisement