Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees felled in woods beside scoil olibhear

Options
  • 10-04-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I was jogging up by coolmine last night and i noticed that the really old evergreen tree at the entrance to the millenium park has been felled. i admired this tree for years and it must have been close to 200 years old. it is not in the vicinity of any structures and was a decent distance from the road. i am very annoyed about this as the council seem to be doing this all over dublin. if there was storm damage to it then a few up branchs could have been lopped but they just go hell for leather at these things. they have no respect for our flora and fauna ..too busy sitting around scratching their arses. bunch of dopes. that tree was around when the blanchards lived there and i belieive that was were their old family house was originally. anyone else pissed off about this. to describe the tree it was a multistemmed evergreen that was the biggest tree in the forest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The tree may have had a disease.

I dont agree with tree cutting but seen them do this in St Catherine's park due to some disease also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Could have been diseased ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Almost certainly diseased and/or brittle, public liability issues.

Advertisement