Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prams Prams Prams Pushchairs & Buggies . . . . . .

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is it me or does the Beep look a lot like the Quinny Buzz?

The fella in the shop told us its pretty much the same. Just the price tag is different :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Camelot wrote: »
    This Wednesday six pm, Mothercare Carrickmines > there is a demonstration & talk about the Mothercare My Choice3 + My Choice4 travel systems + the Quattro I think? anyway, every second Wednesday in selected Mothercare stores they give a talk about a certain product for Mums & Dads :))

Well, we did go along yesterday evening & it was a very informative speak, and not just about Prams either! there were about fifty expectant mum's & dad's, we were all seated in the middle of the store, & the talk started at six pm. For the first thirty/forty mins we had a talk by the midwife from the 'Rotunda' > she was really great, telling us all about the basics of what to expect when baby arrives > from the ideal temp of the nursery, to the temp of babies bath water, to which baby toys are best + cot beds + loads more too . . . then the Mothercare manager took over & told us all about the Quinny Buzz + Mothercare My Choice3/ My4.

I think the next talk is in a months time, but if you call your local store they will confirm the next date.

Recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

hi guy's

We were happy with the Bugaboo Cameleon until I pushed it and felt it was a bit unsturdy feeling.

Anyway - mrsAMerc saw the Cosatto Cabi and thinks it looks great - anybody any comments ?

Anyone familiar with a McLaren travel System? it was recently recommended to us by a friend, so I've had a look on the www, but all I can see are McLaren Buggies ..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ohdelightful

:D
    Prams prams prams, What Pram? Three wheels or four? With or without pneumatic tyres? Turning front wheel needed? Maybe three big wheels is better? But is the four wheel Pram lighter? & cheaper? Or what about a four axle buggie with eight tiny wheels? Which is best? Pram, Pushchair or Buggy? & will it fit in the boot?

McLaren, Silvercross, Quinny, Craco, Britax, or Mamas & Papas? with detachable car seat thingy included? or not? detachable wheels maybe? maximum carrying weight? independent suspension, multiple parent trays :confused:

Its nearly like buying a New Car > can anyone please advise which Pram, Pushchair or Buggy for a first born.

Well when I was pregnant I became obsessed with Mamas & Papas although they can be pretty pricey, got the lot in there , my buggy is the pilko pramette & i love it!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 olive ni gcapaill

Mura is a fantastic all terrain heavy duty buggy, also super comfy for baby, only downside is it's soooo heavy... for lifting in and out of car, but very hardwearing!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Anyone familiar with a McLaren travel System? it was recently recommended to us by a friend, so I've had a look on the www, but all I can see are McLaren Buggies ..............

It is probably the xlr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think it is the XLR, you can buy a MacLaren car seat and the XLR has space for adapters... not really a travel system as such!

EDIT: Yep, they push the XLR as a travel system...

http://shop.babyworld.co.uk/DisplayDetail.aspx?prodid=1195

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

Considering that a lot of people replace their travel system with a stroller within the first year I think that the XLR is a fantastic buggy and I would probably have got it instead of the travel system and two strollers that I have bought so far!!

It is as especially great option for anyone who lives in the city and is going to be using public transport a lot as it is all in one piece and very light.

The downsides are that your newborn isn't facing you which I really valued but only for the first 3 months, but there is a window panel in the hood so you have a good view of baby. Also I think that a newborn can look a little bit lost in the cosytoes so I would look into getting a nest or something. Just noticed that there is a soft carrycot you can get for it now but it is £65 so quite dear, but that prob would have been my only gripe with it so it would be worth the extra money.

A friend of mine got this when we both had babies at the same time, and she is still using now that the child is two, and as I said I am now on my third buggy:(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pimkie69

Hey guys,

I'm a first time mum to be and I've been reading everyone's comments about travel systems etc... I'm really interested in the Beep + by baby Elegance. It's super light and really affordable too which helps. Has anyone tried this pram out yet or heard any reports? I've been looking on line but can't see much about it except for its fantastic light weight!!

Alll advice is greatly accepted!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Hi pimkie69 - I'm also researching now, and I called into Smyths toys there at the weekend because they have a sale on right now. You should go and ask someone to talk you through the buggies your interested in.
    I liked the Beep+ too but I sort of changed my mind a bit on the carrycot, don't think I'll need it much in November. Someone told me about the Graco Mosaic (on sale in smyths) but I think I've now decided on the Graco Mirage + carseat, it did seem fairly light weight too, and easy to fold.

The assistant told me, for 3 wheelers that people are noticing a difference with toddlers trying to get the weight of them up steps or that because it is a little off balance on the 3 wheels? Also you bring all the parts with you for the travel systems, compared to the likes of the graco where the buggy lies back flat and is suitable from birth, and the car seat fits into it. Maybe not as trendy looking, but for me the price is very inviting!

If you have a few in mind go to Smyths or some store with a good selection and ask them for a demo and to answer your questions. I had it narrowed down to them 2 before I went in, and I think I'm going to go with the Graco whenever I get hubby in for a look. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is a lovely travel system but does not have pneumatic tyres which if you live in the country are a necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

We got the beep, will give you the verdict in 3 weeks, its lovely to push :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sbros002

Hi Lemlin - Just wondering how you got on with the Baby Elegance travel system? I'm attracted to it by the price & practicality of it but it sounds too good to be true! All advice greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Hi there

We're going to be needing a buggy for two early next year, for a newborn and 20 month old. :D The shops I've been in so far are selling hard on the Phil and Teds. It's pricey though at 450 euro or so. Has anyone used the Graco Stadium Duo or similar? They're priced around 170 euro. Or are the staff in baby shops right in teling me I'll probably be back 3 months later to get myself a better buggy? We live on a very narrow country road and my wife's car is pretty small so we don't want something that's going to be hard to handle. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

There are a few similar to the phil and teds a lot cheaper.

baby weavers and obaby and lvoen care all do them.
    http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_45_10751_-1_14051_90897_10001_14051
    http://www.babythings4u.co.uk/item/buy-obaby-xi-twin-black-red-uk
    http://www.toys.ie/Europa-Buggy-!G06586-prod.aspx

These aren't the best prices just the 1st links I had saved for each:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Moonbeam,

Thanks for your reply. Do Kiddicare deliver to Ireland and is there a delivery charge? Great value to be had on their website!!

Forest.

20 pounds flat delivery to Ireland.
    I have to admit I have bought loads from them,usually takes 2/3 days for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

:D

Well when I was pregnant I became obsessed with Mamas & Papas although they can be pretty pricey, got the lot in there , my buggy is the pilko pramette & i love it!!:D

we have put down a deposit on a pilko pramette.

are you still happy with your decision to buy one ?

Always nice to see more recommendations of irish shops.
    I took a look at the stuff I am currently on the look out for and they are really expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

does anyone want a free Graco buggy? I got it 2nd hand but never used it and moving away from Dublin soon so minimising amount of stuff I take with me.
    Does anyone want it? (free of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

@ Lady E, any verdict on the beep yet? We have almost decided on it but are waiting for a while longer to buy it as not due until November. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Would love any info on the Beep too :) i cant decide on either the Beep Travel system or Graco Vivo Travel system...

I want something light and not bulky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pippacoo

I have been looking at the icandy apple jogger ..just wondering can it be upgraded to an icandy pear? Also has anybody used a buggy board with the apple jogger?
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rejoycer

Da beep is really cute, really nice 3-1 - i would be more a fan of that then the graco

Obaby tandem, Xi and Zoma are good - there in a shop in Terenure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I have the icandy apple and love it, was originally going for a M&P one cant remember the name and only thing i didn't like was the carseat weighed a ton, could barely lift it. So ended up going for icandy and it has the maxi cosi car seat and its so light. Not that light now when my 5month old baby is in it though lol. But its just something to look out for, that you could easily forget

. . . . . . . . . . . Cosatto Mobi/Budi = nice :)

carucior-cosatto-mobi-ember-sistem-3-in-1-budi.jpg

Advertisement