Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do i tell ex husband hes going to be a grandad

• 09-09-2010 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

my 17 year old daughter is expecting in april and she wants to tell her dad hes gonna be a grandad. she hasnt seen him in ages but rings when he feels like it every couple of weeks if she lucky . we been seperated for a number of years because of his violence and alcoholism and i really dont want him involved however i know hes gonna go mental if he hears from another source how do i approach this i only want the best for my daughter and future grandchild

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

First of all is it safe enough for you to lets say...meet him face to face to tell him?

If not I guess you can always just have your daughter with you and make the phone call so yous can both speak to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I'd take the heat on this one if I were you. Call, him, tell him over the phone yourself. Have your daughter with you when you call, but be the one to tell him in case he flies into a rage and turns nasty - she has enough to be dealing with right now. It doesn't sound like he is very involved in her life anyway, he doesn't have much of a right to freak out at her. I wouldn't meet him in person to tell him with his history of abusive behaviour.

Advertisement