Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Extractor Fan Doing My Head In

Options
  • 08-02-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hello,

The extractor fan in my rented apartment has started to go on and off intermittently. I turn on the bathroom light and there's this 'bonk' 'whirr' 'bonk' 'whirr' sound as if something is intermittently stopping the blades from turning. If I leave it on long enough it usually gets back to working ok.

Just wondering what you guys think it might be? Motor? I'd be reluctant to start trying to fix it with electrics involved unless it was a fairly simple job. If it's something more complicated I'll ask the landlord to fix it.

Thanks!

Sparks (not a real sparks obviously!) :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

New extractor fan required.there not expensive.There could be a permanent live going to the extractor fan even when the light switch is turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd just mention to the LL that you're concerned about damp as the extractor isn't working. Wouldn't go messing with electrical stuff in a house you don't own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

have u tried cleaning it, probably stuffed with fluff etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement