Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motors forum mod query

Options
  • 05-02-2016 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Just wondering if someone could cast an eye over this thread ?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057556680/4/#post98615261

I posted a fairly straight forward query about an on topic subject and basically got various nasty comments aimed at me as a poster and not just critiques of my posts.

Reported everything no reaction so explained why I'm annoyed on the thread.

Just makes for a very unfriendly environment and quite honestly puts me right off boards.ie
    I'm contemplating just not using the site anymore.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

PM the motor forum mods - they may not see the thread here.

You do not get a direct reply to reported posts, it may be that the mods have not had a chance to act on the reported post or may have reviewed the thread/post and felt that no action was necessary.

Your best option is to talk to the moderators first and if you not happy with their response, you can take it to the category moderators and then to the admin.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I had a look through the thread and I couldn't really see a problem. There are always going to be dissenting opinions in any given situation, particularly when it comes to Road Traffic law, ime, and some others thought you overreacted to what they perceived as a minor issue.

It was only when you started reacting to other users that they seemed to jump on you (only a couple of posts towards the end before the thread was closed.) That could be down to some almost subconscious compulsion to attack someone who is very defensive.

The thread was closed by the mod, I assume in order to stem any further antagonism. It might have been better if the mod had said that's what was happening but perhaps they didn't have an opportunity to comment after locking the thread. That happens sometimes e.g. if they were on their phone or only had a couple of seconds free to close it while doing something else like the job they get paid for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

I appreciate that the mods are just volunteers.

Differing opinions are one thing, but just thought there was an 'attack the post and not the poster' mantra on boards that tended to keep things civilised.

Anyway, thanks for the 2nd opinion.

I just won't be posting on that forum again - obviously not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

A lot of that thread is actually testament to the bull now posted in that forum.

But overall it's just a case of an OP not hearing what he wanted to hear. And he's now closed his account so this thread will probably be locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement