Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Top Beauty Buys for under €50

Options
  • 02-02-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Thought this might be a handy thread for all of us to give an idea what are the best budget buys in our own opinion :)

For me i find the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation a good budget make up for E12.29

Also the No7 Skin Illuminator Radiance Boosting Beauty Fluid for €15 is lovely for a bit of a glow

The Inglot eyeliner number 77 is super think thats around €15 too.

and the Pippa Palette is great too (maybe more so for paler skin?) €34.99

Any more suggestions? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Tbh I'm not sure if I'd consider anything less than €50 to be a budget buy, but there definitely are bargains to be had :)

- No7 Beautifully Matte foundation, €18 - not actually very matte but the coverage is excellent.
    - NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, ~€7.75 - very comfortable mattes for the price. I love the shade Cannes.
    - Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow, €17 - nothing beats it for stand-out brows, IMO.
    - MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Lightscapade, €31 - a great pale skin highlighter that's not pink.
    - L'Oréal Lumi Magique concealer, ~€13 - a lovely highlighting under-eye concealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation: I love this more than my Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder and Burberry Fresh Glow foundation.

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper

Rimmel Moisture Renew, Maybelline Colour Sensational, and Catrice Ultimate Colour lipsticks

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: Best bronzer for pale to light skin tones with absolutely no orange hues.

Barry M Bold Waterproof Eyeliner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Double post :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter powder by The Balm is one thing of my favourite products, I think my face is incomplete without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I recently bought the NIOD Photography Fluid for €24. Ordered it online and it had free shipping.

I find my skin looks a lot brighter when I mix it with my foundation, there's a lovely glow with it.

(Bought after I saw buy now blog later raving about it :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

The eyeshadow palettes by Sleek are amazing value (around €10) and really good quality products. They're available in Boots, McCabes and I'm sure other pharmacies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

The eyeshadow palettes by Sleek are amazing value (around €10) and really good quality products. They're available in Boots, McCabes and I'm sure other pharmacies!
    2 for 14e in boots atm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Ziaja sensitive skin products- all of them are great, nothing over €6.99

Clinique TTDOB-went back to this recently, got it on sale for €20, lovely in this cold weather

Bioderma autoderma lip balm stick-€3.50 and BYGOF in pharmacies at the moment.

Essence Roses eyeshadow palette-€4.99, lovely colours in this and good enough quality, much better than Sleek IMO.

Catrice Prime time eyeshadow base €3.50 (I think) got this instead of the Urban decay one recently and while not as much staying power it's still pretty good and has nice creamy texture. In contrast the essence version was really crap and yellow looking and didn't work at all.

Advertisement