Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheaper buying make up in UK airport?

Options
  • 31-01-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi I'm heading Manchester next month and thinking of maybe buying make up at the duty free would this be a good idea will there be much difference from sterling to Euro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Firstly its not duty free as you are within the eu. - Its just 'airport shopping'

Currently its cheaper to buy in Dublin / Cork / Shannon airports than uk airports.

You can buy before you fly out and opt to collect as you exit the customs area on your return.

Www.theloop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I fly through Manchester t1 and t3 about 6 times a month. It is cheaper to purchase in Dublin particularly with the exchange rate. Also there is more of a selection in Dublin than in Manchester particularly terminal 3. Enjoy your trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I flew to the UK last month and I found the Loop in Dublin to be cheaper. I had a nosy waiting in the airport on the way home and at first glance things look cheaper, but when you convert to Euro, it works out more expensive. As someone else suggested you can buy in the Loop on the way out and remember to collect on your return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Yeah the prices are good in Dublin airport at the moment. Stirling is making shopping in the UK more expensive so no real point in doing that.

Advertisement