Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hair

Options
  • 11-01-2016 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Any tips on how keep red hair well red ... Can't afford dye it every 2 weeks as fades so quickly using sulfate free shampoo conditioner even color bombs still washes out so fast

This is how red I want it but ends up looking more brown after couple washes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I've been getting my hair dyed red for about 8 or 9 years now. And honestly what I have found is that there is no way to keep the colour as vibrant as when it is freshly dyed.

The sun will fade red like nothing else. Also over washing. i have cut back on washing my hair (only wash it once a week now) and that greatly helps retain my colour.

Colour bombs and stuff didn't do very much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Reds fades the quickest so will always require regular maintenance. You need to succumb to regular reapplication of colour or find a new look.

When you say you can't afford to be colouring it every two weeks, are you using a peroxide based colour and reapplying it every two weeks? If so, you could be damaging the cuticle layer and allowing the red colour molecules to exit when you wash your hair. Is the water running reddish when you rinse your hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Any tips on how keep red hair well red ... Can't afford dye it every 2 weeks as fades so quickly using sulfate free shampoo conditioner even color bombs still washes out so fast

This is how red I want it but ends up looking more brown after couple washes

My daughter uses this website when purchasing hair dyes, don't know it it will be of any help to you, I believe you can ask questions as well. https://www.haircrazy.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Currently in the process of changing my lovely red hair. Maintenance is a killer.

Washing hair in tepid water helps. As little heat as possible ie hairdryer, hot irons.

Would have to colour every three weeks. I did use revlon colour bomb treatment in between. I found it good tbh. Evened out the patchiness.

I will miss it. But going back to my natural blonde will be much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

La.de.da wrote: »
    Would have to colour every three weeks. I did use revlon colour bomb treatment in between. I found it good tbh.

Revlon Colour Bomb was a Godsend when I had red hair! Really improves the condition of hair too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

But oh so worth it surely - I think the colour is just beautiful.

Advertisement