Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1916 Moore Street

Options
  • 13-11-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone advise if 28 Moore street, Mc Alesters butchers is still there. This butchers was in business during the events of 1916 and it would be a shame if the building has not been persevered. I am aware that there are issues in relation to the whole street but I am not aware of which building's still stand. My relatives owned this building and it would be a shame to destroy it or other buildings on this street. Moore street is a vital part of our heritage.

please advise

thank you
    Star

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Star, what number was it? (An old Thom's will tell you.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Thom's 1917 shows numbers 28 and 28a in ruins
    In 1914 no. 28 is listed as Thomas Byrne, delph & china merch., and 28a as The Maypole dairy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

a Charles McAlester victualler is listed in Thom's 1953 at 28 (No 28a is a watchmaker) and skipping back in 1923 number 28 is listed as the Moore street meat supply stores. Both 28 and 28a are listed as 'in ruins' in 1921

added :
    1930 - Joseph Plunkett, victualler
    1938 - Joseph Plunkett, victualler
    1943/4 - Charles McAlester victualler (28a is a chemist)
    1949 - Charles McAlester victualler

Advertisement