Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authorities looking for money in bag, Abidjan

Options
  • 03-09-2014 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey all,

Wondering if this sound suspicious. I travel a fair bit for work and am familiar with having to state whether you're bringing in or out large amount of currency from a country. In Abidjan however, where I'm sitting now, I was asked by officials at a makeshift desk how much money I had. Now granted my answer was a bit vague, some dhiram, some USD, but I was taken into a room and made to show a senior official my wallet and he searched my bag.

I genuinely do only have a few dollars, cfa and dhiram and he took nothing, nor looked very hard, but I wonder if I had had more whether he would have helped himself.

Western Africa does seem to have a fair bit of this, anyone have any experience or advice?

Sound!

Zeal

Comments

I've been in that airport for exit and was asked. I think that the key is to be definite in your answer - 20 usd, 10000 cft etc.

Advertisement