Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acrylic nails-should they be bumpy?

Options
  • 05-02-2016 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've a question regarding my acrylic nails. A different girl than usual did my nails and I'm not to happy with them.
    Being honest I'm not sure if I'm being over picky or if they normally look different.
    They seem thick and bumpy this time and I don't think I've ever thought that about them when I usually get them done with the othe girl. She usually smooths them quite thin?should they be thin??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 huggles85

In my experience they should be thin-ish and smooth,basically as natural as the technician can get them within reason.
    Once she put the acrylic overlay on top of your natural nails she then should have let it set,filed them and then used one of the little machines (I don't know the professional name but it's almost like a round electric filer) to shape them and remove the thickness.A buffer should then have been used,wash hands and then you picked your nail polish.
    By the sounds of it she may not have used the electric filer,can you remember? I've been getting my nails done for years and this is always the standard process. If you are not happy I would definitely go back and ask,usually technicians are more then happy to fix errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Thanks, I went back and got them fixed by the girl who usually does them.
    I am glad I plucked up the courage to as I was getting more and more frustrated every time I looked at them :)

Advertisement