Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Thailand flights - multiple payment cards

Options
  • 04-09-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to book flights to Thailand for December. Looking at different options etc Expedia. I am wondering do they or anywhere online accept multiple payment cards. eg the holiday is for 6 people and I would like to pay seperate. I know could do it with a travel agent but is working out more expensive than I would like.

I am sure it could be done by putting through 6 separate flights but that would take an age and I'd be worried about messing up one person's flight so would rather select the flight once for 6 passengers and then at the end have it pay for each individual passenger. If this is not possible online I wonder has anyone any idea is it possible by calling them?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

henke wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to book flights to Thailand for December. Looking at different options etc Expedia. I am wondering do they or anywhere online accept multiple payment cards. eg the holiday is for 6 people and I would like to pay seperate. I know could do it with a travel agent but is working out more expensive than I would like.

I am sure it could be done by putting through 6 separate flights but that would take an age and I'd be worried about messing up one person's flight so would rather select the flight once for 6 passengers and then at the end have it pay for each individual passenger. If this is not possible online I wonder has anyone any idea is it possible by calling them?

Cheers.

Your best option might be to do your shopping on Kayak/Expedia but then book directly with the airline. You're probably looking at Turkish, Etihad or Emirates as the cheapest options. There's rarely too much difference in price between the online agents and the airlines themselves. If you pick your flights and then call the airline you should be able to use multiple cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Ok cheers I will try and do that option

Well I tried BA but unfortunately they only accept one card so guessing it will be the same for others. Can't understand why this isn't available in this day and age. Yes other people can go the bother of transferring money to one persons's account but the time that takes (3 business days etc) the flights could go up in price Such a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

Maybe each person/couple could book their own flights?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

try eflights.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Well I tried BA but unfortunately they only accept one card so guessing it will be the same for others. Can't understand why this isn't available in this day and age. Yes other people can go the bother of transferring money to one persons's account but the time that takes (3 business days etc) the flights could go up in price Such a pain.

I booked a flight with Etihad recently and used two cards i just rang the Dublin office and it was a simple process.

I booked a flight with Etihad recently and used two cards i just rang the Dublin office and it was a simple process.

Cheers, I will price with Etihad. Thanks.

Just on another note. If I have to book each individual seperately and I do it online, is there a way to check how many seats are left on the flight? eg. I don't want to book the last seat and still need to book for someone else.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Depends on the airline. Some you can look at the seat plan easily and work out how many are left, some keep it hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

Just on another note. If I have to book each individual seperately and I do it online, is there a way to check how many seats are left on the flight? eg. I don't want to book the last seat and still need to book for someone else.
    Start to book 6 seats in one booking. If the fare stays the same as for booking 1 seat then you know there are at least 6 seats still available at that fare.

• Advertisement

steve-o wrote:
    Start to book 6 seats in one booking. If the fare stays the same as for booking 1 seat then you know there are at least 6 seats still available at that fare.

That's a good suggestion. Thanks. Looks like my only option is separate bookings. I think I will chance it just and be careful I book it correctly.

Advertisement