Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with travel agent deposits?

Options
  • 02-02-2014 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

How's it going ,
    Me and 7 of my friends are looking to go away to Santa ponsa this summer. We've been to a couple of travel agents and the deposits they've been asking for has been too much . Does anybody know a cheap enough travel agents with low deposits?
    Also what is the deposit based on is it the company itself that sets it?
    Thanks.
    Gerry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

How's it going ,
    Me and 7 of my friends are looking to go away to Santa ponsa this summer. We've been to a couple of travel agents and the deposits they've been asking for has been too much . Does anybody know a cheap enough travel agents with low deposits?
    Also what is the deposit based on is it the company itself that sets it?
    Thanks.
    Gerry.

Click and Go require a €1 deposit
    https://www.clickandgo.com/

As for the varying deposit's it depends, some of the external companies like hotels/airlines/transfers can charge the agent a fee if you decide to cancel the booking so that's why it varies and I'm sure some of the agents take a fee if you decide to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublinred101

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Click and Go require a €1 deposit
    https://www.clickandgo.com/

As for the varying deposit's it depends, some of the external companies like hotels/airlines/transfers can charge the agent a fee if you decide to cancel the booking so that's why it varies and I'm sure some of the agents take a fee if you decide to cancel it.

Does that website really work mate? €1 deposit wow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

make sure they are still in business in a year

pay deposit with credit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

as above credit card deposits are insured

They have being around for many years and they work with Aer Lingus so I can't see them going anywhere soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    They have being around for many years and they work with Aer Lingus so I can't see them going anywhere soon.
    Famous last words.

aujopimur wrote: »
    Famous last words.

Like all companies they are protected.

Advertisement