Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So should i order a pair of European Dancing Shorts or not ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nice shopping list there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Surprised to see just six Bohs players there.

I'm surprised Mark Farren is there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Surprised to see just six Bohs players there.
    They're the ones out of contract, will see a few more soon enough

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

When i saw Liam Kearneys name on there i just could'nt help but feel he'll be returning to Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

David Breen "cough" Athlone Town back looking for employment having retired from The Youths citing 'I've lost my passion for the game' only to sign for Athlone 2 weeks later.

Well David, where to now, eh???

Come home please, all is forgiven...................... I know I'm a football slut, but sure what are you gonna do. We all dream of a team of David Breens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I'm surprised Mark Farren is there.

He probably shouldn't be tbh, his tumour came back didn't it? Don't think he would do a Fenn to Derry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hes hardly doing anything of the sort. He'd be out of contract like. If hes on there he must be looking hopeful to play next season, and I'm sure Derry are his first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Could see Killian Brennan making his way back to the Brandywell too.

Mannus,Enda Stevens and John Russell gone on trial with Doncaster.

Seamus Conneely is training with Sheffield United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Serious legs on this Gary O'Neill to Rovers rumour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Barry Clancy (Monaghan) has signed for the Reds, and Alan Byrne (Monaghan) is/has signed.

Alan Boyle (UCD), not much info online about him but he's meant to be a quality young footballer, he rejected moves to Liverpool and Spurs last season as he'd be homesick.

Dave McGill and Dean Delaney signed new contracts last week, and supposedly Sean Byrne too.

Also according to a certain journo my mate was talking to Jason Byrne is signing a 1 year contract with us!:eek:

• Advertisement

Also according to a certain journo my mate was talking to Jason Byrne is signing a 1 year contract with us!:eek:
    You could do worse

Barry Clancy (Monaghan) has signed for the Reds, and Alan Byrne (Monaghan) is/has signed.

Alan Boyle (UCD), not much info online about him but he's meant to be a quality young footballer, he rejected moves to Liverpool and Spurs last season as he'd be homesick.

Dave McGill and Dean Delaney signed new contracts last week, and supposedly Sean Byrne too.

Just adding to this, rumour on foot.ie Darragh Hanaphy (Monaghan) is in talks with us.
    CiaranC wrote: »
    You could do worse

Exactly, would love him back aslong as he was taking up a lot of our budget.

You haven't heard any truth on Stephen Bradley signing for us from your side?

Just adding to this, rumour on foot.ie Darragh Hanaphy (Monaghan) is in talks with us.

Exactly, would love him back aslong as he was taking up a lot of our budget.

You haven't heard any truth on Stephen Bradley signing for us from your side?
    No not a word. Dont see it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

played with darragh when he was with the town(longford) few years back in the under 21's, sound lad and has crazy speed! looks like he glides rather than runs,his legs dont move but he does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

CiaranC wrote: »
    No not a word. Dont see it myself.

I heard the deal was done with Pats and not Shels, but again could be wrong.

• Advertisement

going to us rumourinlgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Heard the Bradley to Pats too. Can't seeing him dropping a division.

Jason Bryne would be a decent signing for Shels if he was on realistic money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I'm hearing that Karl Sheppard is more than likely signing for Fingal. Guess it probably depends on Fingals financial situation.

Fingals financial situation.

Coming from a relation of Gannons they're meant to be rubber ducked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Coming from a relation of Gannons they're meant to be rubber ducked!

Not nearly as bad as Bohs, thankfully. There are funds, but it has still to be worked out the exact budget for next season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

One of the top goalscorers in the past decade, Jason Byrne would be a decent signing for anyone to at least come off the bench.

Perhaps not Rovers, he doesn't seem to do well in Tallaght, even one-on-one against the Rovers u-21s..:pac:

dfx- wrote: »

Perhaps not Rovers, he doesn't seem to do well in Tallaght, even one-on-one against the Rovers u-21s..:pac:

We could have him and North up front next season, dunno if he take the pay cut tho.

Few of our unsigned players un happy with the deals on offer, can add them to 135 others on the list who are unhappy with offers.

We announcing a few players on saturday night afaik.

Karl Bermingham (Monaghan), Brian Cash (Pats) and one of the McGills off Drogs are talking with Shels.

Matthews seems on the ball already.

I'm hearing that Karl Sheppard is more than likely signing for Fingal. Guess it probably depends on Fingals financial situation.

I heard last week that he was 90% sure he was signing for Shamrock Rovers.

Heard rovers looking for 2 strikers and enquired about Guy, were given a price and left it at that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Heard rovers looking for 2 strikers and enquired about Guy, were given a price and left it at that :D
    Thank fook

Voltwad wrote: »
    Thank fook

Fairly sure the majority of your fans would ****ing love him at Rovers.

Hes deadly in the air and winning headers he shouldnt really win, suits the style of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hes deadly in the air and winning headers he shouldnt really win, suits the style of play.
    I'd much prefer Conan Byrne, Karl Sheppard and Shane McFaul in. Wouldn't want to shell out the hefty fee that Guy would demand.

Ive no interest in Guy either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

No interest whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Aussie Skelly and Mark Nolan rumoured to be crossing the divide from Athlone to Longford :mad:

No interest whatsoever.

Nope me neither.

Decent player and you're correct he is great in the air but drifts out of the game way too much for my liking. Out of a standard 90mins you get about 20 out of Guy.

Don't think we enquired about him at all though. I know we did make an enquiry about Karl Shepard but the story was he has agreed a deal with someone else. No idea who that someone else is yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

iregk wrote: »
    Decent player and you're correct he is great in the air but drifts out of the game way too much for my liking. Out of a standard 90mins you get about 20 out of Guy.
    Have to disagree. Guy would be a good signing for any LOI side. Not the most technically gifted player in the world, but a terrific athlete who can't be faulted for effort. There are reasons why he has been a big hit with Pats fans - I'd certainly be sorry to see him go.

Oh and we'll happily take Bradley off your hands!

I dunno I think pats fans undersell him on his technical ability. Firstly he seems to defy gravity when he jumps and I think Ireland should put him in for the high jump competition in the olympics. Even when crowded out he can always find a pass out of it so he does have some great skills.

My comment about getting 20mins out of 90 from him isn't in relation to him not bothering. He does put in effort and does a lot of work but for what ever reason his contribution and input to the team is very low. You can see him run around a lot but he doesn't seem to do a huge amount and you could go 20 mins without him doing anything of any significance.

That said I do like him, just think there is better out there.

• Advertisement

iregk wrote: »
    I dunno I think pats fans undersell him on his technical ability. Firstly he seems to defy gravity when he jumps and I think Ireland should put him in for the high jump competition in the olympics. Even when crowded out he can always find a pass out of it so he does have some great skills.

My comment about getting 20mins out of 90 from him isn't in relation to him not bothering. He does put in effort and does a lot of work but for what ever reason his contribution and input to the team is very low. You can see him run around a lot but he doesn't seem to do a huge amount and you could go 20 mins without him doing anything of any significance.

That said I do like him, just think there is better out there.

Tbh he misses Fahey more so than anyone else. For Pete hes a winger for JMC with Fahey he was an option that was used a lot.

Fact hes under contract makes it harder for him to leave, reckon he be off to england next year when hes an EU Citizen.

Bradley be a direct replacement for MAc Allister hopefully we have Byrne back to sit behind him with Mulcahy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Confirmed that Paul Cook has signed a 3 year deal today. Matthew Blinkhorn and Gavin Peers have also signed new 1 year contracts. That's made my day.

149854_120094798052950_100001572900415_145646_5827356_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Confirmed that Paul Cook has signed a 3 year deal today. Matthew Blinkhorn and Gavin Peers have also signed new 1 year contracts. That's made my day.

149854_120094798052950_100001572900415_145646_5827356_n.jpg

Absolutely brilliant news!!!

Having Cook for 3 years is great for the club.

Didnt actually think their would be any signings this week as presumed everyone would be just on the beer:)

I can see a few more next week hopefully

Second year in a row Pats sign our Player of the Season!? Looking likely. One problem with David Cassidy is he's very injury prone, aul hamstring ain't the best.

Second year in a row Pats sign our Player of the Season!? Looking likely. One problem with David Cassidy is he's very injury prone, aul hamstring ain't the best.

Feeder club :pac:

Kenna to sign for someone on monday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Where does he play? What's he like??

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Where does he play? What's he like??
    Can play anywhere in midfield pretty much. Very good player, lots of intelligence and an excellent distributor of the ball. Won't be anywhere near the loss to us that McAllister was though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CSF wrote: »
    Can play anywhere in midfield pretty much. Very good player, lots of intelligence and an excellent distributor of the ball. Won't be anywhere near the loss to us that McAllister was though.

Yeah, McAllister was brilliant for us this year. Got better and better as the season went on.

Sad to see him go, but delighted he got a decent move over to England.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah, McAllister was brilliant for us this year. Got better and better as the season went on.

Sad to see him go, but delighted he got a decent move over to England.
    I wouldn't be expecting anything similar from Cassidy, but he would make a good addition to a Premier Division squad, nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Brian Shortall to Pats.

James O'Brien has also re-signed.

Bailey, Bradley and Price gone from the hoops.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement