Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ford focus cd player(1999)

• 26-08-2011 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

hi folks.

I bought a 1999 f.focus with cassette player but i want to change it to cd/mp3 player?it has specific name which i don't

remember(6000dc).Where I can find aftermarket cd player for focus in Ireland? I was looking on EBAY

but nothing in ireland all ads in England. (1,4 petrol engine)

Any advice,, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shotgun_TEXAS

Any motor factors or Halfords, I changed it in a fiesta and focus I had.
    All you need is a cd player of your choice you will need to buy the fascia, and ford to whatever brand name cd player adaptor as far as I remember and if you want to use the remote at the steering wheel you can buy that adaptor too bit dear but worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

I changed my mondeo radio earlier this year with a cd player one.

I got it from a scrap yard as it meant no fasica etc and it plugged directly in when taking the old one out, the guy I got it off had loads in stock and it cost me €90.

as shotgun said if you want mp3 etc you will have to go for a non ford one I believe , and then you'll need the fascia to fill the hole left by the new radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This is whats needed, but also the trim facia surround for fitting the radio:
    $%28KGrHqIOKiQE5C9WRfofBOUsOsVl+%21%7E%7E48_12.JPG

Link to one on sale: link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Hi OP, I've checked this with mod -Chris-

I have a head unit which I removed from a 99 Ford Focus I used to drive that would do the job for you.

PM me if interested.

Advertisement