Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAKE UP ARTIST POLL ( PLEASE HELP)

• 23-06-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22

Hi Everyone,

I am just trying to test the waters and see how many ppl out there would be interested in actually hiring a Professional Make up Artist be it for a wedding or any occasion or event.

I love Make up more than food and have so much passion and want to make something for myself in this field. The market is really tough so if you could give me your advice and tell me from what you see below would you personally think there is a market for me.

I am currently working in an office full time, but studying by night in Designing and Application of Make Up. And also studying in professional Make up Artistry.

I am a regular attendee of workshops in The Make Up Room in Dublin which also included Occassion and Wedding Make Up.

and I am taking part in a Workshop in London this summer with Oscar Award winning Louise Constad.

I have also trained with a MAC make up artist.

My kit is completely made up with MAC, all make up and Brushes.

I live in Cork - but drive so am willing to travel.

I am hoping to start advertising my services soon, as I will be finished my major training in about 2/3 months but will still attend workshops as learning is endless in this field.

But what do all u guys think??

Rgds,

Soapfan

xx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm sure if you set up a website with your portfolio, it would help things. People might like to see examples of your work.

I'm currently doing a course in the Makeup Room, more for a hobby at this stage than anything else.

How do you register for these workshops with famous make up artists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 soapfan

Hiya,

Well u can do loads really, alot of make up schools have celeb artists associated with them too. I think Jemma Kidd does some workshops too. That would also be a good one to look at, its jst that it can appear very pricey ...

Soapfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Most people these days hire make-up artists for weddings and debs and even communions!!

Advertisement