Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BB over power adapters intermittent since vectoring...

Options
  • 08-09-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I've had fiber BB for some months now and have also been using power adapters throughout the house.
    The service was stable until I requested vectoring on my line.
    Since then it's undependable using the power adapters.

I know the BB service has not gone down as I can continue to connect using wifi and get full internet access. So it's just the connection via the adapters.

Would vectoring have affected the service? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You cant request vectoring. Its done a per cab basis and on a schedule that eircom wholesale decide on.

All that you could have requested is a higher profile. Shouldn't effect the homeplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

This problem is really irritating now as it has gotten worse. I'm using TP-link AV500 Nano Powerline Adapters. The network connection goes down intermittently and I have to disable/enable the Ethernet connection on the laptop.

There is another PC connected directly to the router and it's network connection never goes down, so it's just the power adapter network connection. Phones are connected via wifi and their connection doesn't go down either.

Are the adapters damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 badboybubby

I bought a pair of those adapters a few weeks back and have had the same problem with them.Seems to be a common issue with that model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

im using the av600 model homeplugs, with vectoring on my connection.
    luckilly not suffering this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I had that same issue with those tp-link models. Try upgrading the firmware. In my case I upgraded to some Devolo models which have more features and don't suffer this dropout problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

MargeS wrote: »
    This problem is really irritating now as it has gotten worse. I'm using TP-link AV500 Nano Powerline Adapters. The network connection goes down intermittently and I have to disable/enable the Ethernet connection on the laptop.

There is another PC connected directly to the router and it's network connection never goes down, so it's just the power adapter network connection. Phones are connected via wifi and their connection doesn't go down either.

Are the adapters damaged?

I'd try resetting all the adapters.
    TP-link AV500 Nano Powerline Adapters

Advertisement