Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Car share] Trim to Drogheda daily and return

Options
  • 03-11-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

My son is going to Drogheda college and the lift we had organised has pulled out of the course,the way the buses run make his day a 12 hour one so we are desperately looking for someone to give him a lift or if we can get someone in the same boat i can do the drive either to Drogheda or Dundalk,obviously costs shared,so anyone in the same boat give me a shout.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

To Drogheda or Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Victor wrote: »
    To Drogheda or Dundalk?

he's in drogheda,if we can get someone else i'll drop and pick up with shared expenses

anyone ???????

up ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Is he currently taking the bus from Trim to Drogheda?? I think if there are no other options it would be the best alternative - there is a decent selection of times for the bus aswell http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf../1284376007-188.pdf

• Advertisement

Is he currently taking the bus from Trim to Drogheda?? I think if there are no other options it would be the best alternative - there is a decent selection of times for the bus aswell http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf../1284376007-188.pdf

yea he takes the bus now but he has to get the 7.30am bus to get there on time and he finishes at 3.15 and has to wait till 4.30 meaning he's not home till 5.40-5.50pm.long ol day on him compared to getting a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

I was just wondering - I commute to college also from Trim but I go to Dublin and I use Bus Éireann. While it isn't the most appealing thing to do, it is manageable. Sorry that I have not been of any assistance.

Maybe try this website http://getthere.ie/ - you might have more of a chance there than on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

The Trim-Navan-Drogheda bus route is being revised and it'll be operating Trim-Navan-Slane-Drogheda (i.e. direct from Slane across to Drogheda) instead of going Trim-Navan-Slane-Duleek-Drogheda as it does at present. So this will make the journey faster.

The new timetable comes into effect Sunday week, the 24th. It's not online yet but it should be soon enough. They'll also have info on the new timetable at Drogheda Bus Station and on the buses.

Maybe this might be a bit of good news to make the commuting a bit easier.

Geog1234 wrote: »
    The Trim-Navan-Drogheda bus route is being revised and it'll be operating Trim-Navan-Slane-Drogheda (i.e. direct from Slane across to Drogheda) instead of going Trim-Navan-Slane-Duleek-Drogheda as it does at present. So this will make the journey faster.

The new timetable comes into effect Sunday week, the 24th. It's not online yet but it should be soon enough. They'll also have info on the new timetable at Drogheda Bus Station and on the buses.

Maybe this might be a bit of good news to make the commuting a bit easier.

must keep an eye on this,hopefully more buses and better times for him.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

timetable is now up but it doesnt mention if it goes by the Drogheda institute, but at least its coming in from that side of town
    http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1394&month=Nov

• Advertisement
Advertisement