Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killer Pussy

• 27-04-2010 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Has anyone ever heard of a cat killing people? I mean we're heard of dogs doing it but cats?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Lions, Tigers, leopards, thundercats (if they bloody well wanted too) but as for the domestic ones, they wait till they're dead to eat you. The b@stards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

LAME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Has anyone ever heard of a cat killing people?

The Koreans, cat is a delicacy there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

If you died in a room with cats, they will eat you to survive if they couldn't get out.

A dog will lie down with you and wait to die before he would feed off you to stay alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

its the one thing about cats that fails. they have a shining personality but they will eat your eyeballs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If you died in a room with cats, they will eat you to survive if they couldn't get out.

A dog will lie down with you and wait to die before he would feed off you to stay alive.

Yeah, dogs ARE pretty stupid!

but awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Thank God for that.

I thought this was another 'Rape Axe' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

A devoted dog was found close to death after he stayed beside his owner's dead body for almost a month. Sandy's owner Jean Crichton died three days after Christmas in her home in Kirkliston, near Edinburgh.
    And her faithful pet only survived by drinking water from the toilet bowl.

Source

dogs > cats

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, dogs ARE pretty stupid!

but awesome!

This fella is both :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65519132&postcount=2027

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Tommy in trainspotting contracted toxoplasmosis (sp?) from his cat and died.

So, his cat killed him in that fictional work.

the cat and AIDS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I do pet portrait photography - it's a great little earner, but sometimes the results are quite surprising and often even shock the owners. Especially the cats.

Here's some examples ....

http://images.quizfarm.com/1101402295pissedattheworldcat.jpg

http://remainsofthedesi.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/killer-cat-2.jpg

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/8/urnext.jpg

TheZohan wrote: »
    Source

dogs > cats

oh god, that made me well up :(

TheZohan wrote: »
    Source

dogs > cats

'Tis true
    My uncles wifes father (:rolleyes: how Irish) had a dog, he died and nearly starved. But wouldn't even eat afterwards, just lay beside the rockingchair whining and died.
    If you dont love dogs there is something fundamentaly wrong with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/strange/article_212297745.shtml

Brilliant, smart dog. I can't believe he made the police car follow him!

We're getting a puppy next month I'm well excited :D

I love cats too, but can be grumpy.

IvySlayer wrote: »

I have 5, and we can all be grumpy.:pac:

:P

Lions, Tigers, leopards, thundercats (if they bloody well wanted too) but as for the domestic ones, they wait till they're dead to eat you. The b@stards

For a minute, I thought you were going to break out into a song from the Wizard of Oz.

Apologies on linking another of my posts (please don't thank me says the thanks slut) but it's relevant to my feelings on the matter
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65487499&postcount=25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I have 5, and we can all be grumpy.:pac:

:P

Would you ever attempt to scratch me eyes out if I was putting a collar on you? Or giving you ear drops?

Would you ever attempt to scratch me eyes out if I was putting a collar on you?

Or a gimp mask, or stick a strap on up your backside?

Depends on how tight the hand restraints were.

Would you ever attempt to scratch me eyes out if I was putting a collar on you? Or giving you ear drops?

Sex and Sexuality is that way.
    >

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might incriminate me.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Is anyone else surprised with the lack of innuendo in here.... This is AH after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

My cat is 17 (that's 84 in human years!) I think his killing days are over.... he just lays about the place now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Degag wrote: »
    Is anyone else surprised with the lack of innuendo in here.... This is AH after all!

In-your-endo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

The Master wrote: »
    In-your-endo :pac:

Lol, i knew someone would say that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,161 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I love how people give the corpse eating argument. It depends on what you want more in your pet: intelligence or blind loyalty.

Sure, in the extreme unlikelyhood that im dead and my cat is trapped inside the house with me for a long enough span to merit eating my flesh beside another food source, then hell yeah little kitty, go for the eyes. Theyre full of protein. That way you can live. Born survivor and Darwinism and all that.

to be honest though, if you cant appreciate the qualities of both cats and dogs, i dont want you. And now, check out these super-bred cats

I want the one that looks like a little cheetah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

My girlfriend's name is Cats... Pretty sure she could kill :(

Overheal wrote: »
    Sure, in the extreme unlikelyhood that im dead and my cat is trapped inside the house with me for a long enough span to merit eating my flesh beside another food source, then hell yeah little kitty, go for the eyes. Theyre full of protein. That way you can live. Born survivor and Darwinism and all that.

Cats have no loyalty.:pac:

But as I said earlier I have five of them and am in a running battle with my neighbour who keeps trying to poison them because he thinks it's them shitting in his garden.

It's not them btw, it's a stray Tom that frequents the garden looking for leftovers from their plates.
    Overheal wrote: »
    to be honest though, if you cant appreciate the qualities of both cats and dogs, i dont want you. And now, check out these super-bred cats

I want the one that looks like a little cheetah.

I also have a dog, that has a teddy that she used to hump until I got her spayed.:pac:

She hates it now and tears the stuffing out of it every chance she gets.

• Advertisement

My Granny rest her sould had a yorkshire terrier; blind; his favorite thing in the world was to hump the stuffing out his teddy-alligator toy. Damn Mitsy was nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

The Cat Killing People live in the woods behind my house...

Cat Killing People.JPG

I dont go out at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

She hates it now and tears the stuffing out of it every chance she gets.

it so annoying when you walk in the door to find a teddy ripped appart with fluff everywhere, and also really funny...

tho when the bitch ate my homer slippers I wasnt very happy. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

I remember reading the story about this cat killing someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Dogs don't like the PO-PO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF4mRKXKJ34

I much prefer dogs myself. Some cats seem ok but I've seen more crazy ass cats then dogs in my time. Dogs seem alot more loyal. I think it was a comedian called Eddie Griffin that said cats were his favourite animal because they were A-holes.

You feed it, it'll turn and scrape you as if to say you weren't fast enough jerk

Your feeling down so the cats cosys up to you and soothes you and then snaps at you as if to say this about me A-hole

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I love how cat lovers claim their pets are cleaner. Yea next time I come around to your gaff I'll shower in my own spittle. They transmit way more diseases than dogs, and then for a laugh insist on walking across kitchen surfaces. The owners often think this "cute". I don't. Get your leprous moggie away from any food you may produce for me later thanks very much. Oh and I love how you cleverly placed the shítter litter box in the kitchen(I kid you not, it seems to be a common place for it) I've found moggie owners less hygenic than dog owners. Cats produce more allergies too. Apparently kids raised with dogs have less allergies than kids without any pets.

Personality? No contest. While some cats can be clued in, most personality is projected on to them by their owners. Dog owners do similar, but there's usually more reality behnd it.

Usefulness. Game over. Seeing eye cats for the blind? Nope. Police cats? nope. Search and rescue cats? Nope. Rat catchers? Eh funny enough nope, terriers are way better than any cat at that lark. Guard cats? Eh defo nope. A budgie is more use. Drug sniffer cats? Nope again. They're even trying to train dogs natural and strange ability to spot upcoming epileptic events in their owners. Some dogs have even spotted skin cancers in their owners. Pawing at the area and drawing attention to it.

We've been around dogs and they've been around us for longer and we can read each other very well. Dogs(and wolves) understand pointing at things. Chimps dont to nearly the same degree which is fascinating in of itself. They're more intelligent than cats from a human point of view. Some dogs have large vocabularies, its not just in the tone. I know a guy whose dog only responds as Gaelige. :eek: You can natter at him in english and nada. So unless youre a gaelgoir burgler forget about it.

Cat owners would worry me anyway. They make a virtue of disloyalty independence and selfishness in their chosen pets. I'd trust a dog owner more.

End rant :eek::D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    We've been around dogs and they've been around us for longer and we can read each other very well. Dogs(and wolves) understand pointing at things.

None of ours ever did :o
    *point* *dog eyes hand very carefully*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Is there a cat equivalent to lassie? I think not. If there is, it can't measure to the level of lassie's awesomeness. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Personality? No contest. While some cats can be clued in, most personality is projected on to them by their owners. Dog owners do similar, but there's usually more reality behnd it.

Wasn't there a study that showed cat owners to be more narcissistic than dog owners?

Anyway, cats are sneaky manipulative creatures.

A dog can be genuinely excited and happy just because their owners are.

A cat couldn't give a fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

I love how cat lovers claim their pets are cleaner. Yea next time I come around to your gaff I'll shower in my own spittle. They transmit way more diseases than dogs, and then for a laugh insist on walking across kitchen surfaces. The owners often think this "cute". I don't. Get your leprous moggie away from any food you may produce for me later thanks very much. Oh and I love how you cleverly placed the shítter litter box in the kitchen(I kid you not, it seems to be a common place for it) I've found moggie owners less hygenic than dog owners. Cats produce more allergies too. Apparently kids raised with dogs have less allergies than kids without any pets.

Usefulness. Game over. Seeing eye cats for the blind? Nope. Police cats? nope. Search and rescue cats? Nope. Rat catchers? Eh funny enough nope, terriers are way better than any cat at that lark. Guard cats? Eh defo nope. A budgie is more use. Drug sniffer cats? Nope again. They're even trying to train dogs natural and strange ability to spot upcoming epileptic events in their owners. Some dogs have even spotted skin cancers in their owners. Pawing at the area and drawing attention to it.

We've been around dogs and they've been around us for longer and we can read each other very well. Dogs(and wolves) understand pointing at things. Chimps dont to nearly the same degree which is fascinating in of itself. They're more intelligent than cats from a human point of view. Some dogs have large vocabularies, its not just in the tone. I know a guy whose dog only responds as Gaelige. :eek: You can natter at him in english and nada. So unless youre a gaelgoir burgler forget about it.

Cat owners would worry me anyway. They make a virtue of disloyalty independence and selfishness in their chosen pets. I'd trust a dog owner more.

End rant :eek::D
    Fail....

I think somebody was attacked by a cat when they were small...:D

Cats are great if you have a busy lifestyle, they take care of themselves, dogs on the otherhand are great for people who have alot of time to spare.

I hate to see dogs locked up all day barking.

haha wibbs that was some rant!

i agree with you really, i loved dogs growing up, hated cats with a passion.

then i started kidnapping the neighbours cat and realised that they are really quite funny and loveable, so i got one. i love dogs and all, i just wouldn't own one, not yet anyway.

• Advertisement

What's all this talk of cats doing in a thread about vaginas?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bluewolf wrote: »
    None of ours ever did :o
    *point* *dog eyes hand very carefully*
    Get a wolf next time. Suits you madam :D
    Bonito wrote: »
    Is there a cat equivalent to lassie? I think not. If there is, it can't measure to the level of lassie's awesomeness. :cool:
    welll there was skippy the bush kangaroo and they're dense so.... :)
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    Wasn't there a study that showed cat owners to be more narcissistic than dog owners?
    Wouldnt surprise me TBH.
    Anyway, cats are sneaky manipulative creatures.
    Yea but they're really crap at it though. They're as obvious as a car crash. Dogs can be very devious. That whole pack brain thing going on. They domesticated us as much as the other way around I reckon.
    A dog can be genuinely excited and happy just because their owners are.
    Best test of this. Coming home drunk as a skunk especially if youre a man with mates in tow. A cat will bolt for the flap or start hissing. A dog will be all "yay! drunk blokes!!!" will fit right in soak up the attention and realise that drunk blokes are daft and sentimental so will play on this and get half the rasher sandwiches you cook up as a midnight snack. Dogs also eat the foods we eat to a greater extent. So less leftovers go in the bin. So they're green too. Plus you have to walk the buggers which is good for the health.

An no I wasnt bitten by a cat as a youth. Though I was tempted to turn a moany whiny one of a mates into a fetching davy crockett hat. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm not going to make any friends with this post, but I have to say that the level of ignorance on display by people like Wibbs (and everyone who thanked his post) is appalling.

Cats are wonderful animals. Do they have their drawbacks? Of course they do. So do dogs. So does every animal that people chose to keep as pets. But to be so narrow minded that all you see about a species is the bad, or to in any way suggest that the bad outweighs the good and that people who like that particular animal must be in some way inferior or untrustworthy, says a lot more about you than it does about cats or their owners.

The fact is, there's a lot of violence directed toward cats, and in part, its attitude's like Wibbs that contribute to it. Not too long ago in my area, a teenage boy went around stealing peoples' cats. He mutilated and killed 19 cats before he was finally caught. Just because they were cats doesn't make them of any less value than if they were dogs. But sadly, a lot of people here would probably disagree with that. And so the cruelty against cats continues, not because everyone who dislikes cats is a cat killer but because they tend not to take animal cruelty as seriously when it happens to a cat.

So to counter some points made:

Cat are more likely to carry disease than dogs. But if you take your cat to the vet regularly like you're supposed to, that's a non issue. It becomes even more of an non issue if your cat is an indoor cat.

Cats can be very personable. It all depends on how you socialize them. One thing dog owners don't "get" is that many cats are very affectionate and loyal to their owners and no one else. My mother's cat Rosie is a great example of this. Rosie loves my mom. She follows her everywhere, she waits at the front door for her to come home from work. When my mom goes out of town for a few days, Rosie sits in her bedroom and refuses to leave even to eat until my mom comes back. Rosie doesn't give a damn about anyone else - that's true. But she's absolutely devoted to my mother, and they have a wonderful bond.

Cats are useful. They kill small, wild animals that really do pose a risk of carrying diseases, like rats, field mice, birds, squirrels, lizards and snakes (all of those animals have gotten into my mom's house before and Rosie has killed them all). In the years prior to the Black Death, cats were demonized and many were killed because they were perceived as evil. This allowed the rat population to grow exponentially, resulting in huge numbers of rats that helped spread the Bubonic plague. Households that still had a cat were less likely to contract the disease.

And cats have aided humans in other ways. They've alerted their owners to fires, on-coming seizures, and believe it or not they have even been service animals to the disabled.

Cats aren't evil, they aren't plotting against you, they aren't arrogant; they can't be any of those things because they're just cats. You can accept them for what they are, or you can whinge about how they're not more like a completely different species of animal. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

oh god, that made me well up :(

Have a nice cup of tea and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

My girlfriend's name is Cats... Pretty sure she could kill :(

I am pretty sure she will if you don't pay for something soon.:P :pac:

Sorry couldn't resist

metaoblivia, i thanked wibbs post because it was funny. if he had have made a funny derogatory post about dogs, i would have thanked that.

i love cats and i love dogs.

i think you're reading way too much into it..

I'm not going to make any friends with this post, but I have to say that the level of ignorance on display by people like Wibbs (and everyone who thanked his post) is appalling.
    :rolleyes: Crazy Cat Lady :p

Indoor cats serve as companions when you dont want or are able to care for the high energy of a dog. But truthfully I prefer the outdoor cat, as they are in my experience very good about eliminating rodents and such.

For a similar reason, my Boss is in the process of erecting bat houses on his property to tackle his mosquito population; and I will gladly permit anoles safe passage through my home as they enjoy feeding on stray house flies and spiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

metaoblivia, i thanked wibbs post because it was funny. if he had have made a funny derogatory post about dogs, i would have thanked that.

i love cats and i love dogs.

i think you're reading way too much into it..

I don't care if you think I'm reading too much into it or not. I see derogatory posts about cats all the time, and again, given the day to day violence directed against animals and cats in particular, I don't think its funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's true. They're pretty thick fuckers, dogs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement