Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary schools in Ashbourne

Options
  • 09-10-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello - considering a move to Ashbourne and would be grateful for any information or tips re primary schools in the area.

My son will be due to start primary school in September 2016 and my preference would be for him to attend either St Declans or St Marys. He would be 5 years & 2 months. What are the chances of him getting a place in one of those two schools?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

caoimheq wrote: »
    Hello - considering a move to Ashbourne and would be grateful for any information or tips re primary schools in the area.

My son will be due to start primary school in September 2016 and my preference would be for him to attend either St Declans or St Marys. He would be 5 years & 2 months. What are the chances of him getting a place in one of those two schools?

thanks in advance!

I would also be interested in hearing more about the 4 primary schools in Ashbourne. Which one is considered to be the best? Are the schools in Ratoath better? I have heard good things about St Declan's and Gael scoil na Mi. I am not from the area though, so have no firsthand experience. Any info appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Both my lads go to St Marys, Amazing school set up they have. Top notch teachers and the PTA is also great. St Declans i hear good things as i train a few lads in soccer from both.

Chances of getting into the school slim but throw your name in now. We had our lad down from birth, he is in junior infants but is a sibling so gets a place due to this and due to us living a stones throw.

Advertisement