Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route Planning - Heuston Station to Blackrock

Options
  • 05-11-2013 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me plan a route. I've been on Dublin bus but I can't make head nor tales of it to be honest. I'm doing a course in Brookfield terrace, Blackrock and wanted to know what bus to get too and from Heuston Station. Dublin is extremely new to me and I honestly don't have the first clue.

Any help would be great,

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

145 Bus probably the closest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭StreetLight

1.) DART from Blackrock to Tara Street, then a few minutes walk to Aston Quay for a 145 bus to Heuston (Route 25, 25a, 25b, 79 and 79a from Aston Quay also pass close to Heuston).

2.) Walk from Brookfield along Avoca Avenue and Mount Merrion Avenue to Stillorgan Road and from there a 145 bus will take you to Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

What if I got the Luas to Connolly and then the Dart too Blackrock guys? Would that work too? Sorry for the bother, it's really confusing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OK - for a start - use the NTA Journey Planner at www.a-b.ie

Insert exact addresses.

What it suggests is either:
    1) Take a 145 from outside Heuston to Nassau Street and then a 4 or 7 to Blackrock Village and walk

2) Take a LUAS to Abbey stop, walk to Tara Street DART Station (it's a shorter walk than going to Connolly), and then take a DART.

If you've a smartphone, download the app for the journey planner - it's a great help if you're out and about.

Sorry to pull this up again but, where is the LUAS station outside Heuston station and roughly how long would it take to get too Abbey stop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sorry to pull this up again but, where is the LUAS station outside Heuston station
    Right outside the main entrance. Walk from the platforms to the concourse with the shops and straight out the door.
    roughly how long would it take to get too Abbey stop?
    About 10-15 minutes.

Victor wrote: »
    Right outside the main entrance. Walk from the platforms to the concourse with the shops and straight out the door.

About 10-15 minutes.

Thank you very much. I presume while on the luas and dart they tell you the next stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thank you very much. I presume while on the luas and dart they tell you the next stop?
    Yes. Sometimes fickle on the DART. However, there is usually a map at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Dart is hit and miss as Victor said, was on one few weeks ago and while heading north into Booterstown it said the next stop was Bray! Usually accurate though but there's a map up beside the ads. Check the display screen above the door to the next carriage and see if it reflects the actual stations you're stopping at, they're normally on the button. Always handy to check the maps beforehand and know the last stop before the one you're heading for.

Coming from Heuston on the Luas, the Abbey stop is just after the tram passes through O'Connell St., hard to miss that one! Looking left you'll see the Spire, looking right you'll see O'Connell Bridge and the back of the Daniel O'Connell monument.

But just in case, the previous stop is Jervis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

any combination involving DART/Luas will involve walking and extra waiting time anyway, and will work out more expensive, so I'd recommend just the 145 and then what is no more than a 15 minute walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

any combination involving DART/Luas will involve walking and extra waiting time anyway, and will work out more expensive, so I'd recommend just the 145 and then what is no more than a 15 minute walk.
    Mount Merrion Avenue? More like 20 mins minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The NTA journey planner factors all of that in - the fastest suggestion was the 145 and 7 combination.

Well I made it anyway:P

Thanks everyone

Advertisement