Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant some joke

Options
  • 30-10-2015 6:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

2 months into college and lots of people boasting about how much they're after etting.

So i was rejected grant due to failing a means test but even though i know one parent has a good job but other hasnt means that susi automatically assumes i'm better off and should be able to afford college?
    No point appealing as date is gone now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭4Marie

Appeal that. Regardless of the date. You had first application on time

Phone them they can be nice when they want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,912 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Have you actually looked at the criteria for appealing?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

No, after seeing 30 days only to appeal put me off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

No, after seeing 30 days only to appeal put me off..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭4Marie

I would still try, I was very bad with my forms and they still considered me months down the line.

Give as much details as you can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Just wondering what additional documentation i'm likely to have to submit for a Mature student DEPENDENT. Still living at home with parents and I've sent in the declaration signed by both parents and myself alongside proof of residency in Ireland for the past 3 years.

I'm sure they will want info on parents income etc. What else can I expect as I've contacted them and they won't tell me as they say each case is different and I will have to wait to see what is requested from them throughout the steps.

Advertisement